This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not until

Not until the scientific world come forward and substantiate the claims that the tests done on the secondary d.n.a are accurate and in the parameters of the accepted percentages set by the scientific world.

Not until the author produces the proven ancestor and this is then rechecked by independant scientists.

The parameters in my own little mind which would move me off the fence are...

If mr kominsky were alive today could on this evidence to date be enough to expect a conviction in a democratic court of law.

The shawl , seems like there is no evidence what so ever that it was ever at the crime scene.
    The shawl, it is possible that through the secondary d.n.a we can ascertain that at some time since the shawl was made miss endowes came into contact with it. What the d.n.a results don,t and can,t prove is that it was ever at the murder scene.

Regarding my understanding so far of the link to kominsky it is at best hearsay as to weather the dna sampled, can be proven to belong to mr kominsky and mr kominsky only.

One question I have for the more informed than me on here.

When the shawl was previously examined relating to the sickert investigation
    Was there any mention of stains weather blood, semen or unknown stains at that time by the scientists then. In my opinion at that time the shawl was investigated I would of thought that semen or blood could of been identified with the technology available at that period. Sure they might not have had the technology to extract and reproduce but surely the scientific investigators could have and would of stated there findings on the stains.

Until the author the investigating scientists and the majority of the remainding experts in the field of dna come forward and state that this scientific evidence is beyond doubt proves that kominsky and endowes dna are there , then on the fence I sit.

The author and scientists involved have sent there bait via the media and the writing of the book and thought of all the negatives that would be thrown back at them ,maybe they may have a ace up there sleeve and another card to play or maybe after the dust has settled the shawl and the dna evidence ends up in the section currently occupied by the diary and paintings theory's.

If the author and scientists were the prosecution could they expect a conviction of the evidence produced so far??
    If you were the jury could you convict on the beyond reasonable doubt principle.
    Last edited by paul g; 09-07-2014, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Wait...I thought he was called Jack?

Comment

• The shawl was removed (stolen) by policeman from murder scene stashed away to sell later and then forgotten about the fact it was stolen explains the confusion of how the police man obtained it.
        Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• That's not true. According to the author, the officer asked for and was given permission to take the shawl home to give to his wife as a gift.

JM

Comment

• KOSMINSKI WAS THE RIPPER- At LAST

Ah so after years of arguing and being ban from casebook on numerous occasions from saying so it finally appears I've been proven correct

Aron Kosminski was Jack the Ripper

And of course the fact that he lived at Dutfeild yard as a child and lived around the corner at the time of the Stride murder…the key to the whole case.. should be enough

Only one thing.. The Shawl they took the DNA from is Edwardian

Blast and Damn

Aron Kosminski is however…and will remain the best suspect despite this rather trashy news story

enjoy..anyone wishing to forward a better suspect than Kosminski...

Well i'm here but will probably be ban after two or three posts on casebook for saying there is NO mystery…THere is only one credible suspect after all..

Enjoy your Sunday

Jxxx
            Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 09-07-2014, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Hi, all!
              I haven't been here in forever but effectively ran here as soon as I saw the news, for some rational discussion. I have not been disappointed! (And pleased to see my account is still active.)

I'm a clinical laboratory scientist, currently working in a forensic facility. We don't deal with DNA, but I'm quite familiar with the realities of testing and drawing conclusions. Not as much as Prosector, of course, whom I thank for that pertinent post.

As such, I would dearly love to see a fully referenced, scientific, juried account of the testing and the associated processes. It's intriguing, but as others have pointed out, there are so many issues even beyond the DNA. If anything, it's raising more questions, not generating answers.

I also strongly believe that JtR did not have orgasms at the scene of his crimes; so even if the conclusions of this highly questionable testing were to be 100% accurate, it would rule Kosminski out for me.

Comment

• Some excellent observations around here, both for and against the evidence presented! I look forward to reading them further while coming to my own conclusions too!

Comment

• Originally posted by NRTomasheski View Post
                  Hi, all!
                  I haven't been here in forever but effectively ran here as soon as I saw the news, for some rational discussion. I have not been disappointed! (And pleased to see my account is still active.)

I'm a clinical laboratory scientist, currently working in a forensic facility. We don't deal with DNA, but I'm quite familiar with the realities of testing and drawing conclusions. Not as much as Prosector, of course, whom I thank for that pertinent post.

As such, I would dearly love to see a fully referenced, scientific, juried account of the testing and the associated processes. It's intriguing, but as others have pointed out, there are so many issues even beyond the DNA. If anything, it's raising more questions, not generating answers.

I also strongly believe that JtR did not have orgasms at the scene of his crimes; so even if the conclusions of this highly questionable testing were to be 100% accurate, it would rule Kosminski out for me.
                  Its fairly well known that I'm the biggest Kosminski-ite on the planet.

But I checked out the shawl in detail several years ago

ITS EDWARDIAN… CATHRINE EDDOWS NEVER WENT NEAR IT

Its that simple folks

Araon Kosminski however remain the only credible suspect

As all the others are total pants

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Wouldn't it make sense if Mr Edwards took time out from his souviner shop and handed this whole matter over to the police before vast amounts of money are made from book sales tv appearances etc,etc.
                    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
                      Its fairly well known that I'm the biggest Kosminski-ite on the planet.

But I checked out the shawl in detail several years ago

ITS EDWARDIAN… CATHRINE EDDOWS NEVER WENT NEAR IT

Its that simple folks

Araon Kosminski however remain the only credible suspect

As all the others are total pants

Yours Jeff
                      Hi Jeff,I agree with everything you say apart from the fact of Kosminski been our killer when it is obviously Druitt.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
                        Hi Jeff,I agree with everything you say apart from the fact of Kosminski been our killer when it is obviously Druitt.
                        I spent some years looking for DNA…and it does exist.

The problem to that is it exists in a grave yard in Leytonstone..wherer Mary Kellies body has almost certainly moved several meters underground over the years and it would only tell us where she came from..

But the Shawl in question is Edwardian. Something substantiated by Andy Aliffe and the Victorian and Albert museum. It was held in keeping for years by the Parlours who wrote an excellent book about Jack the Ripper

But whoever JtR was.. it wasn't Druit. Druit was a poor man who committed suicise and besides there were several murders after his death, including McKenzie who was almost certainly a JtR victim

So try again

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Candlebridge View Post
                          According to the latest article the first strand was 99.2% because of some missing fragment, but second strand tested was 100%. Ancestral DNA is how they identified Richard III's body.
                          The problem with comparing it to Richard III is that his body was stationary. How people handled the shawl in the intervening years? Another issue is that since the best way to compare is Mitochondrial DNA, there is guarantee that it was Kasminski who did, indeed, handle the shawl. It only shows a relative connection.

In order to 100% prove that he is Saucy Jack, we would need to compare HIS DNA or that of his immediate siblings.

Comment

• I thought that this "shawl" had been DNA tested before and the blood wasn't a match to any of Catherine Eddow's known relatives? Sorry If that's been said already in the thread Im just catching up!

FTR I dont believe for one second it was Arron Kosminsky (Charles Cross is my main man )

Comment

• It was Druitt!!!!! I have proof

Comment

• I maintain it was Colonel Mustard, in the Library, with the wrench.

Comment

Working...
                                X