Another "Groundbreaking" Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

evidence

The problem that we have when proposing anyone as our killer is the small detail that we have hardly any evidence.One piece of evidence we have is the piece of apron left in goulston street which in my opinion was done to give the impression our killer lived in the Whitechapel area.I also think the only eye witnesses we can ever consider are pc smith and lawendes purely because of the very short time gap between discovery of the bodies in Smith's case as a policeman on the beat he would be more observant than a general member of the public.
    Last edited by pinkmoon; 07-14-2014, 02:59 PM.
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by spyglass View Post
      Hi Bill,

Slightly connfused.....Is it fiction that you believe to be true and if so, is the murderer named an actual person who existed ?
      If not...why would you come to these conclusions.

regards
      Hi, Spyglass.

Let me explain by giving a bit of background. I was interested in the Ripper murders long before I ever thought of writing a novel – and I read all the usual ‘factual’ books, which mostly seemed to follow the same pattern: a run through all the known facts, preceded, or, more usually, followed by the introduction of the author’s new candidate for the Ripper.

Since there is obviously no hard evidence for these candidates, the reasons given for naming them relies mostly on supposition - and a fair amount of imagination – to provide a motive, and fill in the gaps between the known, and perfectly innocent events of the candidates lives - particularly the missing parts where they are supposed to have been out and about in Whitechapel, killing fallen women.

In writing my book I was determined to incorporate all the same ‘known’ facts, and therefore the only difference I see between my novel and the aforementioned ‘factual’ books is that the ‘gaps’ are filled in a more interesting and extensive fashion.

Now as far as the identity of the Ripper is concerned, by belief has always been that it is most likely none of the named suspects.
      If the Dennis Nilsen had never been caught, we’d have books claiming his murders were perpetrated by everyone from the Prince of Wales, to Jimmy Saville but I very much doubt whether Nilsen’s name would ever have cropped up.

So, the Ripper in my book is given a name, but that is only for the sake of the format. In a ‘factual’ book you might just get away with saying ‘the ripper was no one we’ve ever heard of, but he was a verger in a London church’, but that’s just not possible in a novel.

The name I give to the Ripper is fictitious – but I do believe that everything else about her is plausible, including her motive, which is one that I am unaware of having been considered before. It is also a motive that negates all the profiling that has been done by various criminal experts.

I certainly don’t believe it’s ‘case closed’, but then, barring a miracle, it never will be.

Comment

Hi Bill,
        Fair play.
        As a reader of JTR fiction as well as factual, I look forward to reading your book.

regards.

Comment

G'day Bill

While I poked a bit of fun at your theory you are honest enough to say it is fiction so good luck.

actually enjoyed "Portrait of a Killer" because when I read it I thought it was fiction, only when I found out that it was supposed to be factual did I loathe it.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

And lets not forget " from hell" the graphic novel ( not the film )
            a true master piece.

Comment

When Bill Perring's book first came out several years ago it received overwhelmingly positive reviews from members of this community.
              I for one congratulate Mr. Perring on his book's second life, which from what I understand, came about completely by chance. I hope this serendipitous turn of events leads to many more sales of the both the paper and kindle versions.

JM
              Last edited by jmenges; 07-14-2014, 05:37 PM.

Comment

The list of suspects will never cease to expand.

Comment

G'day bladen7273

Welcome to casebook.

Not for as long as people can think up weird suggestions, as long as they keep them in fiction books I have no problems with that.
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                    G'day bladen7273

Welcome to casebook.

Not for as long as people can think up weird suggestions, as long as they keep them in fiction books I have no problems with that.
                    Thanks GUT, I appreciate it. I enjoy the site. I agree with you on keeping the weird suggestions in fiction books.

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                      When Bill Perring's book first came out several years ago it received overwhelmingly positive reviews from members of this community.
                      I for one congratulate Mr. Perring on his book's second life, which from what I understand, came about completely by chance. I hope this serendipitous turn of events leads to many more sales of the both the paper and kindle versions.

JM
                      Many thanks. Odd the way things happen, isn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by spyglass View Post
                        Hi Bill,
                        Fair play.
                        As a reader of JTR fiction as well as factual, I look forward to reading your book.

regards.
                        If you enjoy it, perhaps you'd put a review? If you don't enjoy it, perhaps you'd lie?

Comment

I think I will give the book a go as long as there is no mention of royal coaches, the elephant man,american Indians,escaped vultures,aliens,deranged midwifes,crossing dressing vampires,Winston Churchills dad,Oscar Wilde and his mates,doctor banardo,doctor who,Lewis Carroll(with or without the giant white rabbit) ,any famous artist(with or without an ear missing),a killer milkman,a killer delivery driver,a well trained escaped octopus been helped by a large savage ape,queen Victoria or her doctor or any of her servants or family,Seven foot tall american doctors,any Welsh doctors or anyone who the police knew was the killer but forgot to charge him or write it down anywhere.
                          Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Relax Pinkmoon - You'll enjoy anything Mr Perring writes...he has the knack...and he's honest enought to let you know what's fiction!

All the best

Dave

Comment

G'day Pinkmoon

...a well trained escaped octopus been helped by a large savage ape,...
                              Congratulations old man you've cracked the case.
                              G U T

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                                Relax Pinkmoon - You'll enjoy anything Mr Perring writes...he has the knack...and he's honest enought to let you know what's fiction!

All the best

Dave

How very kind of you to say so.

I should also like to say to anyone thinking of trying this book that the identity of the Ripper, though being the aspect that the press seem to have picked up on, is actually a relatively small part of the story.

The main thrust is the life of Mary Jane Kelly - who I find every bit as interesting - and how she may have managed her roller-coaster ride of a life (or at least as she told it).

Just so you know

Comment

Working...
                                X