James SANDER
    Living at 8 Charles Street
    born Whitechapel
    age 24 [ born 1847 ]

In 1911 census

James Thomas SANDER
    Living at 43 Glenthorne Road, Friern Barnet, New Southgate
    born 1847 Marylebone London

There is a baptism record for James Thomas Sadler on 18 October 1840 at St Peter's Mile End. His father was James Sadler and his mother Mary Hownett. They lived at 14 Union Place, Mile End Road. This ties in with Sadler's marriage on 18 May 1876 to Sarah Chapman. His father's name was given as James Neil and he was born c. 1839. I don't have the birth certificate but there was a James Thomas Sadler registered in Stepney in the first quarter of 1838.
    Sadler's year of birth was estimated at 1838 in the 1891 census and 1839 in 1881. In that year he gave his occupation as dock labourer. In 1871 there was a dock labourer called James Sadler, born c. 1840, living in St George's in the East with Mary, described as his wife.
    A James Thomas Sander was born on 29 November 1846 and baptised on 27 December at All Souls in Marylebone. I would suggest that he is more likely to be the Met Fireman in the 1871 census.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Paul . I don't know why i didn't check his birth registration first and to think this guy Sander has kept me up for nights ! Again thanks , I can sleep now

Comment

Originally posted by Joolz View Post
        In 1871 census :
        James SANDER
        Living at 8 Charles Street
        born Whitechapel
        age 24 [ born 1847 ]

In 1911 census

James Thomas SANDER
        Living at 43 Glenthorne Road, Friern Barnet, New Southgate
        born 1847 Marylebone London

Wasn't Sadler a fireman on board a ship as apposed to a fireman per say?

Comment

Working...
        X