The Ripper's Inspiration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ripper's Inspiration?

It seems that this young man was operating years before Sickert (the Ripper). Thought this might interest the group.

Let me clarify: Like it or not... Sickert is the only suspect of which we have any physical evidence.

The Boston boy was one of America's first known children -- and among the most notorious -- to commit murder; his case is at the heart of a new book, "The Wilderness of Ruin"

The American connection or inspiration is certainly there for me.

I'll agree that Sickert is the only suspect with supporting CSI evidence, except maybe for the DNA tests on letters supporting "Jill the Ripper". I can't rule out those letters.

However, Sickert is the only suspect with someone who had 6 million dollars to spend on tests.

Other than James Whistler, what is Sickert's American experience?

Comment

Isn't the "forensic" evidence used to link Rickert to the Ripper letters just the same as that used for Kosminski & the shawl - mitochondrial DNA?

Comment

Originally posted by BTCG View Post
        It seems that this young man was operating years before Sickert (the Ripper). Thought this might interest the group.

Let me clarify: Like it or not... Sickert is the only suspect of which we have any physical evidence.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-stor...serial-killer/
        There is no evidence for Sickert what so ever.

Scientists use peer review journals not pop culture books nor blogs or the news to publish their findings. Also if they do use these avenues they better have peer review to back it up.

In the DNA cases seen here, this is nothing more than sticking the word DNA in front of a suspect, crying match and then ignoring the fact you have to actually show this scientifically in a professional writeup in a journal.

As we can plainly read they didn't take this precaution and the end result was other scientific baloney tests exposed this for the hoax it is.

Science exposing bad science.
        Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Hi Batman,
          Originally posted by Batman View Post

There is no evidence for Sickert what so ever.

Scientists use peer review journals not pop culture books nor blogs or the news to publish their findings. Also if they do use these avenues they better have peer review to back it up.

In the DNA cases seen here, this is nothing more than sticking the word DNA in front of a suspect, crying match and then ignoring the fact you have to actually show this scientifically in a professional writeup in a journal.

As we can plainly read they didn't take this precaution and the end result was other scientific baloney tests exposed this for the hoax it is.

Science exposing bad science.
          As a person who spend decades working as a lab analyst/chemist, I agree wholeheartedly with your excellent post.
          I also tend to believe that Cornwall and her PR people would have published the results in every science and "crime" journal possible had any of her mDNA results actually been reproduced by multiple independent laboratories.
          It's been a while since I've read her book, but I seem to recall that the mDNA results were a "probable" match, with several loci in common, but not an exact match on all possible mDNA loci?
          Please feel free to correct me if I am mistaken, as I said it's been some time since I reviewed her analysis.
          Last edited by MacGuffin; 03-15-2015, 12:56 AM. Reason: sp.
          Regards,
          MacGuffin
          --------------------
          "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X