McCarthys thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jason_c View Post
    It also relies on Kelly persuading everyone who will potentially view her body to lie for her. Two of the people who would lie for her had troublesome relationships with Kelly. Barnett had been dumped, McCarthy was owed money.
    Also, for no other prostitute friends of hers being reported missing.
    Hi Jason
    It's not a case of a huge list of potential identifers,it was only ever likely to be Barnett or McCarthy if her family weren't contacted.If those two said it was her anyone else would be ignored anyway.
    Do you not think prostitutes or anyone else for that matter 'just disappearing' was just part of everyday life in those parts.These poor people went from place to place all the time,they had no ties in many cases.No home ,no family and for most of their lives no hope.
    You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Originally posted by packers stem View Post
      Informants would have been at work on many sides during these times.Read my second paragraph at the bottom of this page
      I have often considered that MJK might not have been in the room at the time. To consider that she set someone else up -- also from your supposing, the murderer had to be on MJK's side to know to cut her up in such a way that she was unrecognizable, and for Barnett and McCarthy to identify her in order for her to escape.

If things were so bad for her that she needed to disappear, I don't for a minute believe she'd move just into another area of London, keep her name and tell people that was who she was. If she was smart enough with enough "pull" to get all the above done so she could escape, her lips would have been sealed and she would have gotten far out of London with a different identity and no confession, IMO.

That's my take on things. I do suspect, however, she was involved in something that would cause her to need to escape.

Comment

Hi Curious
        You are right in that the millers court murder would have to have been carried out by kellys associates in order to make it appear as if she had been 'taken care of'.
        Identification would be easy like i say if Barnett and McCarthy were either part of that group ,or bought,or frightened.Notice how Caroline Maxwell changed her 'market trader' clothes at the inquest,that's interesting.
        I am in agreement that it's most likely that Kelly would have moved far away but it's not impossible that she would have stayed in London.In those days you could move 2 miles in London and never be recognised.London then was a very overcrowded city with i think a population of over 10 million.She may not have used the same name apart from official documents,we just don't know.
        If you do a few census searches on Mary Jane Kelly born in Limerick at the right age you won't find many and to find one living just a few miles away?
        Yes it's unlikely but it is an interesting possibility.
        You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

Working...
        X