The Halse version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fleetwood Mac View Post
    ..... it clearly has implications for the author as Jack pointing the finger at 'The Jews' school of thought.
    Generally graffiti artists tend to go big & bold, as if shouting it to the world!
    Not small & confined as if whispering to a mouse.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

bad deal

Hello Jon. It has been argued that the GSG was merely a complaint from some Gentile who felt on the short end of a business deal.

Do you see any hope for that view?

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
        Generally graffiti artists tend to go big & bold, as if shouting it to the world!
        Not small & confined as if whispering to a mouse.

That's partly the reason why I don't see this small, neat, legible and complete sentence as the work of your average graffiti artist. This was no 'scribble'.

Another point is that all the words are spelled in correct English apart from 'Juwes'. How likely is it that any Jew who could write English as well as that would not be able (or willing) to spell the word 'Jews' correctly? Unless perhaps it was a Jew pretending to be a Gentile? Now that's a suggestion I don't recall seeing before.

The meaning, as ever, depends much on what the individual would like it to mean.

I wonder if Don Rumbelow still thinks the killer wrote it. He did a few years back when I was on his walk.

Love,

Caz
        X
        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
          Hello Jon. It has been argued that the GSG was merely a complaint from some Gentile who felt on the short end of a business deal.

Cheers.
          LC
          No.
          And no, you didn't ask me, I know.

Comment

authentic

Hello David. So you see it as from the killer?

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

Ah que oui, my dear ! - who else ?

Comment

location, location, location

Hello David. And what was he doing over there?

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

It has been argued that the GSG was merely a complaint from some Gentile who felt on the short end of a business deal.
                  How about being a complaint from some Jew who got the short end of a business deal? Or a schoolboy writing about a Jewish adult's complaint?

Comment

Hello David. And what was he doing over there?

LC
                    Enjoying that starry night on his way to the VH, I presume.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                      Yes, I know, yet another wall writng thread....yawn.

Its confession time. The wall writing has many variations with the most common one, 'The Juwes are the men that will not be blamed for nothing" being the most favoured.

However, I personally take Halses version, "The Juwes are not the men that will be blamed for nothing". Don Rumbelow is of similar mind and cites his reason for taking Halses version as the fact Halse was at the scene for some time, and her also argues this version conforms to the 3 lines described.

Now I know Warren had it copied and to be honest, my conviction isn't 100%. Also, as some of you are aware, I do not feel the killer wrote it.

The versions change little but what I'm interested in is if Halses version is the correct one, does it change peoples interpretation of its meaning?

I'm just merely curious.

Monty
                      Hi Monty
                      I think the former reads- the jews wont take the blame for anything, and the latter(Halse) reads -the jews will not be blamed for it.

FYI-I personally dont think the killer did not write it. Heehee.

I think it changes the meaning slightly , but not really the intent. Which is to somehow cast blame on jews without being so obvious to say-The Jews did it!

Basically, i think its the case that the writer used the double negative incorrectly and the last word "nothing" he really meant to be interpreted as meaning "something", "anything", or "it". Basically a positive.

Its kind of like the modern slang of someone trying to deny something by saying "I didn't do nothing."
                      "Is all that we see or seem
                      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Dear oh f*cking dear

What's wrong with people here?

Both versions say EXACTLY the same thing.
                        allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Keeping a watching brief and finding it all oh so fascinating.

Monty
                          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

ethnicity

Hello Scott.

"How about being a complaint from some Jew who got the short end of a business deal?"

I suppose that possible. But why would ethnicity be alluded to in such a case?

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

sic et non

Hello Stephen. Denotatively, yes; connotatively, perhaps not.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

Cheers.
                                LC
                                I think its the view to beat. Considering anti-semitism was rife, a complaint against Jews is to be expected. As a "complaint" it fits with the social climate.

The alternatives stretch credulity, what do we have?
                                - A killer fleeing through the backstreets pausing to write poetical verse neat and correct, but incredibly small?, or
                                - A Killer Jew pretending to be a Gentile blaming Jews?, or
                                - Unrelated to the murders?

Regards, Jon S.
                                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X