ennui

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ennui

First started reading about JTR in the mid eighties then a dozen or so books later decided to order from my local library every book listed about walter sickert.
    Came across something very interesting reguarding 'ennui' in one book.
    The usual painting was shown as expected along with two preliminary sketches for the painting.
    The 'gull' had flown and in it's place was a similar spooky looking face to that in 'amphytrion'.
    Don't think this was picked up by any author ,although i may be wrong.
    Sorry i don't know the title of the book but some sickert(art wise) experts out there should know about these sketches.
    Something else i spotted all those years ago was in a book entitled 'edward and alexandra' (sorry didn't get the author) where in the chapter covering the death of PAV the author said that PAV's dying words were to curse Randolph Churchill and Lord Euston.None of this made any sense to Alexandra.
    OK this could just as easily be because of the cleveland street scandal as any possible JTR connection but....
    Also makes me believe that he possibly didn't believe his own death to be natural?similar to his friend JKS a few weeks later(feelings of persecution).
    You can lead a horse to water.....

I think I've read the book Edward and Alexandra by Richard Hough(?) if it's about Edward VII and his Danish wife Alexandra.

I don't remember that bit.I'll have to get my copy out and have a look

Comment

Originally posted by packers stem View Post
      Something else i spotted all those years ago was in a book entitled 'edward and alexandra' (sorry didn't get the author) where in the chapter covering the death of PAV the author said that PAV's dying words were to curse Randolph Churchill and Lord Euston.None of this made any sense to Alexandra.
      OK this could just as easily be because of the cleveland street scandal as any possible JTR connection but....
      Also makes me believe that he possibly didn't believe his own death to be natural?similar to his friend JKS a few weeks later(feelings of persecution).
      What? Is this true, I thought also that current theories exonerate Albert from the Cleaveland scandal also??

Comment

Working...
      X