Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caz View Post
    Sensible man, Phil!

Ditto. I have absolutely no idea who wrote the thing.

But I do have a fair idea of who absolutely didn't.

Love,

Caz
    X
    Caz,

I didn't. Not guilty.

best wishes

Phil
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

Comment

Hi David,

The news is that the bright posters have no more idea today than they did back in 1992 concerning who created the diary - and don't mind admitting it.

A bit like the ripper case really. Those who say they know who dunnit only think they know and none of 'em will ever prove it in their lifetime.

Love,

Caz
      X
      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
        Caz,

I didn't. Not guilty.

best wishes

Phil
        I believe you, Phil. You don't look old enough to have been faking that diary prior to 1970.

(And that date comes straight from the US team of scientific experts commissioned in 1993 to prove the ink was barely dry on the page.)

Love,

Caz
        X

Comment

I believe you, Phil. You don't look old enough to have been faking that diary prior to 1970.

(And that date comes straight from the US team of scientific experts commissioned in 1993 to prove the ink was barely dry on the page.)

Love,

Caz
          X
          Caz,

I passed my 11+ in 1969.... flattery will get you everywhere! hahahaha!

best wishes

Phil
          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
          Accountability? ....

Comment

Hi David,

The news is that the bright posters have no more idea today than they did back in 1992 concerning who created the diary - and don't mind admitting it.

Caz
            X
            As I view it, the conflicting statements/evidences regarding who created the diary paradoxically and ultimately serve the "Maybrick-the-Ripper" cause, which has become less and less fascinating to the bright side of ripperology, one must admit.

Amitiés Caz,
            David

Comment

I'm glad to see you keep an open mind Caz and judge people who think different than you as dimwitted!

I would however like to read the book you mentioned. Who wrote it? I'm from the Netherlands and I'm not sure I've ever seen it here.

greetings,

Addy

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                Caz,

I passed my 11+ in 1969.... flattery will get you everywhere! hahahaha!

best wishes

Phil
                Just a baby then! I was passing O levels in the summer of '69.

Love,

Caz
                X

Comment

Hi Addy,

So keeping an open mind would be to vote, accusing some random individual of faking the diary, when one hasn't even bothered to find out what literature is available on the subject, let alone read it?

My mind is open, thanks, but not so open that all the brains fell out on the way to this thread.

Love,

Caz
                  X

Comment

Hi Caz,

No, I mean keeping an open mind about other people's opinions. I'm not allowed to vote yet, as I've posted before, however I would have voted James Maybrick and not because I think he faked the diary. Do I think he was the Ripper? Not perse, he could have been deluding himself as he was a drug addict. And I've read more than just Feldman's and Harrison's books on this subject. No one has been able to proof that the diary is genuine but I've never come across definite proof that it is fake either. So I keep an open mind and my brains on the inside too.

If you have some books to recommend on the subject of the diary, please let me know. Perhaps we'll come to agree after all.

Greetings,

Addy

Comment

Hi Addy,

I did read your first post. You came back to accuse me of not keeping an open mind concerning the people who had already voted and had different opinions from me. But that was my point. I'm still keeping an open mind and don't know who wrote the diary, therefore I have no opinion to express. But I do know that I have yet to see any evidence that anyone on this list could have done it. My comments were firmly directed at the few who have closed their minds to alternative possibilities and concluded - for God knows what reasons - that someone on this tiny list of candidates wrote the diary. (The next worry is how long and hard these people actually thought about it before voting and what they have read about the person concerned that convinced them.)

If it's any consolation to you, you'll have no argument from the voters that the diary is not in Maybrick's hand. That applies to every one of 'em.

Love,

Caz
                      X

Comment

That applies to every one of 'em.

Caz
                        X
                        Oh yes, Caz,

and it's a good point for every one of 'em.

Amitiés,
                        David

Comment

Hi Caz,

Sorry, in that case I misread your post. About the handwriting: in Feldman's book was an example of a persons handwriting who had multiple personalities. It was also stated that James may have written the entries as he was drugged up. Who knows? Still, I don't want to get into another discussion.

Could you tell me who wrote that book you mentioned in your first post? i would really like to read it.

Greetings,

Addy

Comment

Hi Corey, Caz, and all.

I'd vote in this poll but unfortunately I have no idea who wrote the *#@#! diary...

However I do have an idea of what I'd like to do to them if they are ever found out!

Best regards, Archaic

Comment

Hey all,

I have read the book The Ripper Diary, the inside story. thanks.

Caz,

I love how dim I am, thanks for pointing that out.

Arch,

Neither do I, but I tend to think the most logical suspect for the diary would be the two I mentioned.

Yours truly
                              Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

caz,

Also,

Micheal Barrett, the one who called Doreen Montgomery, said he forged the "diary" two times, changing his story each time. He owned a typewriter with the whole "diarys" manuscript, and ordered a small red victorian diary with forgery in mind, but stated that it was not large enough.

Gerard Kane,

Was a witness to Tony Devereux's Will and his handwriting was very similar to that of the "diary".

I am sure I am just saying what you already know, but it is for the people who dont know.

Thanks
                                Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Working...
                                X