No announcement yet.

What can you see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's very dark but top left there is some reddish and white sort of glow and the markings on the arches look a bit like writing
    Last edited by belinda; 08-22-2008, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Wow. I can't see a thing except for a bloke standing in an old hall with an arched window. I feel deprived.
      Once is happenstance; twice is coincidence. The third time, it's enemy action.

Comment

Ok I wasnt going to say anything but clearly there is a man at the bottom of the picture- to the right of the lower arch. Mouth open at camera, possibly with a crown or something on his head..

But thats NOT what I'm actually seeing. We've been over this a thousand times with the Maybrick FM.

Your brain does not like random stuff..it doesnt ,make sense to it..so it fills in the gaps. Your brain puts two and two together and comes up with Five...because the purpose of the brain is to 'Enterpret' its environment. which it does brilliantly and constantly.

This is just a random image which by coincidence looks like a figure..

Mathamatically this coinsidence should happen more often than it does..if you look at almost any image you should expect to see something on a very regular basis..

Just go outside..lay on your back and watch the clouds for ten minutes..

If you clear your mind you should eventually see all sorts of things in the shapes...perhaps this is your own subconcious talking to you?

Pirate

Comment

Afraid I agree with Celesta, Mike. There is nothing there except for an illumination, probably of breath vapour by the flash, in the upper left corner. People may be seeing more in that than is there because they are interpreting the scarce brown tint of part of the vault behind it to be intrinsic to the white patch. As for the rest... I say Baphomet to you.

PHILIP
          Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Baphoment Hey the Holy Grail's not there is it

Comment

...talk of breath vapour,Philip....

and it's only teatime!!!

oooooh,behave!!!

ANNA.

Comment

I wasn't implying anything paranormal in what I pointed out, just a couple of neat optical illusions that look like demon and bat faces.

Comment

....Quite right Kensei....let's get this thread back onto a serious note..

As has been pointed out a couple of times,it probably is all to do with what the brain and eye perceives....but,

I know what I saw......and that's good enough for me!

But I accept that others may view events differently,and I respect that.

Please note:It wasn't me that saw the demons!(-hee-hee)

ANNA.

Comment

Mike,

The only 'ghost' photo that I find at all 'convincing' (for want of a better word) is that of the fire at Wem Town Hall. You must be familiar with this - the unmistakeable form of a girl can be seen at a window in the burning building. Any comments?

Cheers,

Graham
                    We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Hopefully this has uploaded the photo of the Wem Town Hall Fire.

Graham
                      Attached Files
                      We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Now I can definitely see something in that photo. That's a bit freaky.
                        Once is happenstance; twice is coincidence. The third time, it's enemy action.

Comment

Local legend has it that a little girl started a fire about 100 yards from the Town Hall in the 17th century. A bit tenuous, but some people have tried to say that it's her in the image.

There's a stunning book of ghost photos written by my friend Melvyn Willin that came out last year - very highly recommended. It includes most of the images you'll know and much of the late Maurice Grosse's collection. It's not too academic, in fact it's almost a coffee table book, but if you have an interest in this field you'll love it and get totally spooked by it.

PHILIP

Comment

Originally posted by kensei View Post
                            I wasn't implying anything paranormal in what I pointed out, just a couple of neat optical illusions that look like demon and bat faces.

Sorry, Kensei, I didn't mean to sound derogatory. I just thought Mike was saying that people were seeing spiritual phenomena. That's what I was responding to. I see all kinds of shapes in the photo, too. Almost inevitable, as you pointed out.

Best,

Cel
                            "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Blimey...that's a bit of a spooky old picture that Graham's posted,possums.

ANNA.

Comment

It's even spookier when you see it in context of the full image of the building engulfed in flame (mostly internally) and this figure standing at the doorway. Have a look for Melvyn's book. It'll give you some really horrible nightmares.

PHILIP

Comment

Working...
                                X