Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a nice meal in Goulston Street .

Hi,
    I visited Goulston Street today, I was to find that the "Happy days " fish and chip restaurant has now extended to the famous entrance and is now a tastfully JTR themed establishment.
    It even has the chalked message framed in more or less the exact position on the entrance.
    Well worth a visit and has probably the best fish and chips in London.

Regards.

Originally posted by spyglass View Post
    Hi,
    I visited Goulston Street today, I was to find that the "Happy days " fish and chip restaurant has now extended to the famous entrance and is now a tastfully JTR themed establishment.
    It even has the chalked message framed in more or less the exact position on the entrance.

Regards.
    Silly question, how much was a feed of f&c
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      Silly question, how much was a feed of f&c
      Cod and chips twice and two drinks came to £21.00.
      I think take away is cheaper.

Comment

Cod and chips twice and two drinks came to £21.00.
        I think take away is cheaper.
        Ouch, seems steep, but then I usually think that about English prices.

Don't know how you poor buggers afford to eat.

That's about $50 here I'd expect to pay about $30 most places here, or a lot more in a fancy seafood place.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
          Ouch, seems steep, but then I usually think that about English prices.

Don't know how you poor buggers afford to eat.

That's about $50 here I'd expect to pay about $30 most places here, or a lot more in a fancy seafood place.
          Well this is London after all, however I would proberbly pay about £7.00 locally here in the south.
          I expected to pay more actually, but your right eating out over here ain't cheap.

Regards

Comment

Didnt expect that! I hope you took a photo for us?

Comment

Originally posted by AdamWalsh View Post
              Didnt expect that! I hope you took a photo for us?
              I did.....Unfortunately for some reason, I can't seem to be able down load on here.
              But google image the restaurant, their is plenty available.

Comment

Important question...how do they spell the J-word in the chalked message?

BTW, on my visit to London in 2011, I was aided in finding the site of the GSG by a man selling Jellied Eels out of a stand called "Tubby Isaac's Jellied Eels" or something very similar. Is he still around?

Comment

Jane Coram reckoned only Cockneys would eat those things
                  My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by Damaso Marte View Post
                    Important question...how do they spell the J-word in the chalked message?

BTW, on my visit to London in 2011, I was aided in finding the site of the GSG by a man selling Jellied Eels out of a stand called "Tubby Isaac's Jellied Eels" or something very similar. Is he still around?

Comment

Hi,

Regards.
                      I think that the current disposition and decor of the restaurant was finished a year or two ago. And yes, the fish and chips are fab!

Comment

Local news headlines for East London and Tower Hamlets, Canary Wharf, Docklands, Bethnal Green and the surrounding London Borough of Tower Hamlets areas from the East London Advertiser.

Comment

>... on my visit to London in 2011, I was aided in finding the site of the GSG by a man selling Jellied Eels out of a stand called "Tubby Isaac's Jellied Eels" or something very similar. Is he still around?<<

The Jellies are the eels that will not be blamed for nothing.
                          dustymiller
                          aka drstrange

Comment

Working...
                          X