True Crime Media Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
    Has anyone seen the Lizzie series-any good? Just ota here.
    Yes, I have seen several episodes. It is a suitably gruesome period mystery, pitting a curious Pinkerton detective against the Borden sisters (mostly Lizzie), as there are a series of unexplained murders and deaths in Falls River. I recommend it, but not if you care about people in historical dramas resembling the real people they portray.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

• Tonight- Monday- on HBO is the premiere of Nick Broomfield's documentary 'Tales of the Grim Sleeper' about the Los Angeles Serial Killer (accused) Lonnie Franklin, Jr. Set your DVR, it should be a good one.

JM

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up, I totally missed that as coming up!

Steadmund Brand
        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

• "Aquarius" series starts this month on American Tv

I believe the series starting May 28th on NBC stars David Duchovny as Sam Hodak, a Los Angeles police detective in the late 1960s who pursues Charles Manson. It's unclear from the information on the website how much this will be about the Tate-LaBianca murders, but it has been a long time since the case has been dramatized. I lived in southern California at the time, and we saw the original news coverage every day for months. It was incredibly shocking at the time, especially to a young teenager.
          ---------------
          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
          ---------------

Comment

• If you watched Aquarius, what did you think? I have to say, I was disappointed.

And, is it considered artsy to have crumby audio? I am almost 69 years old but I don't have any problem understanding 99% of other TV programs.
            This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

If you watched Aquarius, what did you think? I have to say, I was disappointed.

And, is it considered artsy to have crumby audio? I am almost 69 years old but I don't have any problem understanding 99% of other TV programs.
              Hello, SD. Yes, I have seen the two-hour opener, and just watched episode two last night via On Demand. I was a big "X-Files" fan back in the day, so David's participation interested me. But this character, Sam Hodak, is a far cry from Fox Mulder.
              He's cynical, stubborn, occasionally violent, but has a certain core value of justice and protectiveness.

Overall, I enjoy this series. It creates the period well via costumes, background rock music, and the Southern California late Sixties scene. I also like the actor portraying Charlie. He is complex, able to veer between stony-faced sociopath, to absudly naive boyishness when he gets a chance to make a demo tape.

I am turning 60 tomorrow, but have not noticed any problems with hearing the dialouge on the soundtrack, so I don't know what to tell you about that. It does help up the volume on your set a little bit. ( And yes, some of the actors mumble, but they are usually playing people high on drugs at the time.)
              ---------------
              ---------------

Comment

If you watched Aquarius, what did you think? I have to say, I was disappointed.

I gave up on the series about half way through.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Looks like there's a new episode of the Manson inspired series Aquarius on NBC tonight. Not that I plan to watch it.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I've have discontinued my internet service effective March 29 so one less parasite in my life. I'm free!

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                    X