Artist Seeking Writer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artist Seeking Writer

Hi everyone , i'm a freelance illustrator, and for a long time ( twenty years or so.....) ive wanted to create a graphic novel about the Ripper murders. I now have a bit of time to commit to this, so i'm looking for a talented writer who'd like to collaborate.

I have in mind something realistic, visually and factually, and something that maybe focusses on the women and their lives. I'm not really looking to propose a new suspect and top hats are banned!

If anyone out there is interested please contact me at SGHILLUSTRATION@YAHOO.CO.UK

Please only get in touch if you genuinely want to do this!

Ive attached some character studies - theyre in no particular order, hopefully you can tell who theyre supposed to be....
    Attached Files

the only one i'm unsure about is mary kelly - which is she?
    aye aye! keep yer 'and on yer pfennig!

Comment

How is it possible to only be unsure about one, Harry?

Best wishes,
      Steve.

Comment

ha ha good point.... the first one

Comment

The shawl is the giveaway.
          Very nice work, SGH.

Comment

Although, come to think of it, it should be a crossover shawl---one that goes around the shoulders and overlaps in front.

Comment

These are very beautiful! I'm sure you'll easily find a writer thrilled to work with you.

Comment

Hello SG,
                Been thinking along exactly the same lines myself, but I'm no professional writer and consequently of no use to you.

Hard to top Moore and Campbell or even Geary and not really worth trying unless you think you can at least compete, there's a lot of Sherlock Holmes/Vampire atrocities out there. I've got an architectural comic "text" book that is an interesting concept, I could image a comic book variant of Evan's Sourcebook possibly working.
                dustymiller
                aka drstrange

Comment

I'm interested in what sort of format you'd like to do your story. I'm guessing it's black and white comic book form, but would ie be a one-shot, or episodic, how would the framework be set up, things of that nature. I'll try emailing you and seeing what you're wanting to do with this project, as well as a timeframe you're wanting to work on.
                  "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Comment

Pretty graphic, but I would have made the girls look a little bit more "alive". They really look like their post-mortem photographies ... but I'd love to see the final result. Could you spoil the "Ripper" you've chosen ?
                    I'd have taken a chance at the job if I wasn't myself busy with a Victorian written project ... Good luck

Comment

I'm very interested in writing and I'm not busy so I could do it.

Comment

Hi

Nice work!
                        -Cam
                        Cameron

Comment

Working...
                        X