No announcement yet.

Why Mary had to die.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That at least would be giving substance to one of Pierre's threads.
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
      No, the sitting Lord Mayor was De Keyser.

One month before the murderer of Kelly there was an interview with De Keyser in the press, where he stated that the assasin was "undoubtedly mad" and that it "would not be surprising if he should soon commit suicide".

(See for instance The Freeman´s Journal, October 9, 1888, p. 5)

Regards Pierre
      The man said Jack was mad, no wonder Jack got angry.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Welcome back, GUT.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
          The man said Jack was mad, no wonder Jack got angry.
          The killer could have gotten angry at a lot of other people stating in the press that he was mad.

But he wasn´t.

He was angry at the Lord Mayor.

Regards Pierre

Comment

The killer could have gotten angry at a lot of other people stating in the press that he was mad.

But he wasn´t.

Regards Pierre
            So that's why Mary had to die?

Comment

Well, if so, then why not--?

But he wasn´t.

Regards Pierre
              Why didn't Jack go after a member of the Lord Mayor's family, in that case?
              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
              ---------------
              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
              ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                Why didn't Jack go after a member of the Lord Mayor's family, in that case?
                Because he wasn´t after Lord Mayor personally.

Regards Pierre

Comment

Here is a link to a Casebook note of the De Keyser interview...

Comment

Ah, out to spoil the Day, perhaps?

Because he wasn´t after Lord Mayor personally.

Regards Pierre
                    So it was more symbolic, then? JTR felt a terrifically monstrous mutlitation crime on the Lord Mayor's Day would be a great way to spoil the day, humilitate the police, and cause the mayor embarrasment? Makes sense.
                    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                    ---------------
                    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                    ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                      So it was more symbolic, then? JTR felt a terrifically monstrous mutlitation crime on the Lord Mayor's Day would be a great way to spoil the day, humiliate the police, and cause the mayor embarrasment? Makes sense.
                      Yes. And that´s why he waited and committed no other murder(s) during a whole month before Lord Mayor´s Day.

And in the life of the person I am researching, there was also a special event coming up at the same time. So he had two reasons for waiting.

This personal reason and the wish to spoil the day and humiliate the police are closely linked toghether from the point of view of the killer.

That is partly why the mutilations inflicted on Kelly were so extensive.

Regards Pierre
                      Last edited by Pierre; 11-06-2015, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Polydore De Keyser was Catholic wasn't he?

Comment

So to be clear, he chose the day - but did he choose Kelly in the sense that he'd already selected her or was it opportunist from that point i.e. it could have been anybody?

In the case of the torso murders, presumably he enticed the ladies back to "his place" then did the deeds and disposed of the parts at various locations. How would he do that - still quite large parts to move around and no car. Perhaps it was a wheelbarrow job.

Comment

Originally posted by MysterySinger View Post
                            So to be clear, he chose the day - but did he choose Kelly in the sense that he'd already selected her or was it opportunist from that point i.e. it could have been anybody?

In the case of the torso murders, presumably he enticed the ladies back to "his place" then did the deeds and disposed of the parts at various locations. How would he do that - still quite large parts to move around and no car. Perhaps it was a wheelbarrow job.
                            Hi,

He chose Kelly some time before Lord Mayor´s Day. The choice had nothing to do with her lenght or age etc.

In the case of the torso murders, I don´t know anything of the transports.

But if I may guess I would say that horse and carriage might have been his preference.

Regards Pierre

Comment

Did the fact that Mary Kelly was living with Joe Barnett though have anything to do with the timing - I mean in a deliberate sense in that he needed to wait till Barnett was out of the way. What if Barnett had still been with her on the 8th/9th though? Was Barnett in on it all?

Comment

Hi,

He chose Kelly some time before Lord Mayor´s Day. The choice had nothing to do with her lenght or age etc.

In the case of the torso murders, I don´t know anything of the transports.

But if I may guess I would say that horse and carriage might have been his preference.

Regards Pierre
                                In your estimation, by what parameters did he choose Mary?

Comment

Working...
                                X