No announcement yet.

In the name of honesty...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archaic, I have to come clean and admit that the building at Kew is NOT made of cardboard. In fact, it's made of hardened paper and when the paint is stripped away, this paper will be revealed to be old Special Branch files pasted together.

Remember, the best place to hide something is where everyone can see it.

That's our government for you - devilishly cunning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
      I'll give AP a character reference. As for Gill, I don't have a sodding clue what it's all about. Bradford's a bit off the beaten track for me, and it's grim up north.
      But I thought Pat Cornwell explained it to us, Robert.
      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Pat Cornwell is even more off the beaten track for me than Bradford is. You can get fish and chips in Bradford. Try getting fish and chips from Pat Cornwell.

Comment

• Still Life with Fish and Chips.
          "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• And Hollandaise sauce.

Comment

And Hollandaise sauce.
              With added butter stirred in at the last minute!
              'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

And Hollandaise sauce.
                [QUOTE=Suzi] With added butter stirred in at the last minute![QUOTE]

Perish the thought. Tartar sauce goes well with the chips, and you don't notice the oil paint and linseed oil so much.

Comment

• From another thread...

Quote from Natalie Seven from a different thread about the Sept 17th letter...

....I know Sir Edward Jenkinson had more than the ear of the Home Office in 1888 and was in constant touch with his political masters.Everything he knew he took pains to hide from Anderson and Monro,also based there in 1888.Jenkinson claims that after they managed to oust him from his rooms in Dublin Castle,he burnt all his papers so neither Monro nor Anderson could gain sight of them.We also know that Anderson was equally secretive and took great pains to hide everything from everyone,except Monro. A letter such as the Sept 17th letter could,in my view,have been sent to either Jenkinson or Anderson or even Matthews, the Home Secretary himself, who Lusk had just written to about the possibility of a reward.It is not at all beyond the realms of possibility that each and everyone of these men could have had reason to keep that letter under their hat-telling nobody about it.After all this was the headquarters of disinformation,of secret service work,work that was kept secret from the mainstream police and even from politicians when need be.
                  This is why I keep an open mind about that letter.It may well be a fake,but the reasons you give do not hold water with the backdrop in secret service work,closed files---some still and in perpetuity.One of these appararently has the heading, "The Whitechapel Murders".So no, the letter need never have reached an"official files...

my emphasis

Umm...two questions..

!) Can somebody tell me if this is true and how long has it been known to exist?

2) Has anybody actually SEEN this file in existance, without neccessarily having read the contents?

Because it flies in the face of everything I have ever read or been told about the Secret Files.

best wishes

Phil
                  Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                  Accountability? ....

Comment

• documents documents

Hello all, again,

"Mr. Abberline had already covered a page and a half of foolscap, and was surrounded with a sheaf of documents and newspaper cuttings dealing with the ghastly outrages of 1888. "
                    "and we made out no fewer than 1,600 sets of papers respecting our investigations--" Pall Mall gazette interveiw, 1903.

makes you wonder, doesn't it?

best wishes

Phil
                    Last edited by Phil Carter; 11-12-2009, 01:35 AM. Reason: addition
                    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                    Accountability? ....

Comment

• Last time I was in Bradford I thought it looked a bit like Pat Cornwell. Only with more curry. much more curry, actually.
                      "If you listen to the tills you can hear the bells toll. You can hear what a state we're in".

Comment

Working...
                      X