"Ripper" shawl goes to auction for £2.9m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tecs View Post
    If somebody does spend a few Mil buying the shawl could somebody please send the buyer to me.

I've got these magic beans that grow into a huge beanstalk you see...

regards,
    And I have a really cool bridge they can but.

People even pay to drive over it.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Medieval monasteries used to maintain their revenue didn't they by showing splinters of wood from the True Cross, Saints' fingers, Christ's foreskin etc. to pilgrims, so I suppose in a way people have always been gullible.

Sadly, I think a modern collector deeply interested in the JRT story but not too knowledgable about it would be willing to pay millions for this object if they were extremely wealthy. I'd love to know the wording of the guarantee provided, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
        Medieval monasteries used to maintain their revenue didn't they by showing splinters of wood from the True Cross, Saints' fingers, Christ's foreskin etc. to pilgrims, so I suppose in a way people have always been gullible.

Sadly, I think a modern collector deeply interested in the JRT story but not too knowledgable about it would be willing to pay millions for this object if they were extremely wealthy. I'd love to know the wording of the guarantee provided, though.
        Yep, I'm trying to find out what is actually guaranteed.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I really hope this is sold for a very,very,very,very,very,very high price.
          Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Working...
          X