The Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Diary

Has the diary of Jack the Ripper, written by James Maybrick been published or available anywhere online in its entirety? Does anyone have larger scans of the diary?

Joseph

Hi Joseph,

Claimed to be written by James Maybrick.

No, it's not available online in its entirety. But any of Shirley Harrison's editions, featuring the facsimile, can be picked up cheaply I believe.

Love,

Caz
    X
    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Here you go:

“Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Magpie,

not look for the transcription of the diary, but scans of the diary itself. I am interested in the handwriting.

Joseph

Comment

Photocopy

Originally posted by JosephDurham View Post
          Has the diary of Jack the Ripper, written by James Maybrick been published or available anywhere online in its entirety? Does anyone have larger scans of the diary?
          Joseph
          I have a photocopy of the 'diary' that was circulated in 1993, but, as Caz says, a facsimile of the whole text appears in Shirley Harrison's first book.
          SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

I actually saw Shirley Harrison's book for sale in a second hand book shop a couple of weeks back for $10.....decided to hang on to the $10....lol.

Cheers,
            Adam.

Comment

Originally posted by Magpie View Post
              Hi Magpie,

I can't be bothered to check, but if that's the transcript I've seen before it's rather poorly done.

Anyone using it could be forgiven for thinking it was created recently by a careless writer - because it was!

But they can't be forgiven for actually using it. Primary sources and all that.

Love,

Caz
              X
              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
              X