No announcement yet.

Which ones are real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To mimic others, if I had to choose one it would be From Hell but I'm only about sixty percent certain. The only other one that comes close is the graffito but that is even lower and probably not worth mentioning.

Comment

Unpopular View

Most Ripperologists insist that, at the very least, 3 of them are Ripper writings. Personally, I think the handwriting suggests 5 or more of them were. An unpopular view admittedly.

Comment

All the letters were real. I mean, I suspect they were all really written. The authorship is the mystery.

Mr. Helpful
        huh?

Comment

Hey Mr. Helpful, wow that was funny - you should get a new username, something like Mr. Funny instead of Mr. Helpful. Kinda reminds me of Jack Handy
          "Truth only reveals itself when one gives up all preconceived ideas. ~Shoseki

When one has one's hand full of truth it is not always wise to open it. ~French Proverb

Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first, it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Well... a definite on the Goulston Graffiti but what version do we believe to be accurate? Will they... or they will they "not" be blamed for nothing?
            "I'm into, uh, well, murders and executions, mostly. " -Patrick Bateman American Psycho (2000)

Comment

Originally posted by denn034 View Post
              Most Ripperologists insist that, at the very least, 3 of them are Ripper writings.
              They do?

Comment

Hi Guys,
                What letters if any were authentic.?
                My opinion just a couple both refering to the number 39 in their content, now why would i believe that?
                Regards Richard.

Comment

When I voted on this poll, I was thinking only of the "Lusk" letter. If the kidney was really in the state it was listed, it is hard to deny it probably was Eddowes' kidney. But, in order to believe it was hers, the kidney really had to have one inch left of the renal artery, and have been preserved in spirits. I've heard doubt cast on the true condition of the organ, so who really knows?!

I foolishly forgot about the Goulston Street graffito, and didn't count that. I find this one at least as legitimate as the "Lusk" letter. The Ripper undoubtedly dropped the piece of apron he cut from Eddowes in Goulston, but the chances he dropped it so near the chalked message without having written the message himself is so remote it's all but impossible. So, since we're including the graffito I change my vote to two.
                  "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Comment

My vote

I voted two. It doesn't really mean I believe that there were two true JTR letters, but there are two that I consider are a possible maybe. (Did I waffle enough here?)

Mikey
                    Just happy to be alive.

Comment

BillyE writes:

"The Ripper undoubtedly dropped the piece of apron he cut from Eddowes in Goulston".

Not undoubtedly, Billy, unless you were there seeing him do so. Go for "in all probability" instead, and you will be in the clear!

The best,
                      Fisherman

Comment

A big fat 0 from me, especially regarding the 'new' one. Which isn't
                        I didn't do it, a big boy did it and ran away.

Comment

Sorry guys but all the Ripper letters are real, wether they were written by the killer is another matter altogether
                          Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mikey559 View Post
                            I voted two. It doesn't really mean I believe that there were two true JTR letters, but there are two that I consider are a possible maybe. (Did I waffle enough here?)

Mikey
                            Hmmm a new quote yes, this inspired me about my own self.

" I waffle all the time and will continue to do so until I figure out what the hell went on, and what the hell I'm talking about."

Thank you Mikey hehehehhehe and I understood what you were saying.
                            "Truth only reveals itself when one gives up all preconceived ideas. ~Shoseki

When one has one's hand full of truth it is not always wise to open it. ~French Proverb

Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first, it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

I believe all of them were real, but only the first two (Dear Boss and Lusk, of course) were written by the original Jack the Ripper.

Others were written by a rushed Jack without a right hand or a copycat killer.

That's right. Copycat.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward Wrightman View Post
                                I believe all of them were real, but only the first two (Dear Boss and Lusk, of course) were written by the original Jack the Ripper.

Others were written by a rushed Jack without a right hand or a copycat killer.

That's right. Copycat.
                                just out of interest what makes you believe this?

joel

p.s. welcome to the forums
                                if mickey's a mouse, and pluto's a dog, whats goofy?

Comment

Working...
                                X