Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Researching

Hi
    I was just curious as to how people get round the problems of researching in Ireland with there being so few records, no census details etc?

I have been spending a lot of time following a trail that I have sort of visualised ref MJK (and the murders in general) but though I have found many things which make me feel quite excited equally there is great difficulty in finding other bits of information. I appreciate all that is said on here ref facts versus moulding things to fit a theory but just where are the boundaries in a case like this?

Are coincidences to be ignored? I find myself thinking that e.g. something must be of some importance and then thinking well no it could just be coincidence.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make much sense. I am getting better all the time but maybe still not making myself as clear as I should.

Basically I have well I suppose a theory and to me it is no worse than the masonic one, the Prince Eddie etc. (Though probably just as likely to be shot down in flames).

I just find it very hard to put it together without at points having to accept coincidences as being more than just that because I can find no way of getting rubber-stamped proof.

Anyway I'll shut up now. I was really only trying to find out how the rest of you manage with your theories when ALL the proof needed is not available.

Maggyann. x
Working...
X