Ripper Street series 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripper Street series 3

Thought I would start a new thread for Ripper Street, seeing as cancelled doesn't apply any more

well we are 2 episodes into series 3 in the US now (Thank you BBC America for bringing back my favorite show!!!) and I was a bit disappointed by the 1st episode but all I could say is WOW at the end of the second....and now I can't wait till Wednesday for the 3rd episode... I just wish there were more episodes per series like in the US.. but I will take all I can get of this show.. and I do hope there is a 4th series in the works!!

Anyone else watching the new episodes and what have you thought so far ( and please my friends across the pond.. i know you had a 5 month head start.. no spoilers please, but feel free to tell us what you thought of this new series )

Steadmund Brand
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Excellent series. However, it was only available in the UK on Amazon Instant Video- Amazon's equivalent of Netflix- so unfortunately many people may not have had access to the series.

Comment

I believe we will get it here later in the year, courtesy of Auntie Beeb, so no spoilers please gents!

Or post a WARNING first.

Love,

Caz
      X
      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
        I believe we will get it here later in the year, courtesy of Auntie Beeb, so no spoilers please gents!

Or post a WARNING first.

Love,

Caz
        X

I thnk it's only on Pay TV here.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I promise no spoilers or I'll add a WARNING

3rd episdoe tomorrow... can't wait...fingers crossed for word on a series 4

Steadmund Brand
          "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

No word on 4th season so far...

I've only seen episode 1 of the 3rd season, but liked it a lot. Detective Dreamy-Eyes ( er, I mean, Detective Reid!) is in great form, and the take on the "social reform" of the LVP is very good. Looking forward to getting caught up this weekend.
            Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
            ---------------
            Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
            ---------------

Comment

Saw the series on DVD today may go back and grab it.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

We saw episode 2 last night (still behind by one, but getting there!) and I echo Steadmund's "WOW!" Amazing episode which may change many things...
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

I just read that Ripper Street has been picked up for seasons 4 and 5... great news, I just hope it doesn't take as long between series as last time.. I am hooked on this show and waiting over a year is not fun

WARNING...POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT

Did anyone else notice when they were looking thru Reid's "file" on the case one of the pictures was of Elizabeth Short? or am I mistaken... but I could swear it was the "close up" photo of her face from the morgue...., I just found that a bit odd...

Steadmund Brand

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                    I just read that Ripper Street has been picked up for seasons 4 and 5... great news, I just hope it doesn't take as long between series as last time.. I am hooked on this show and waiting over a year is not fun

WARNING...POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT

Did anyone else notice when they were looking thru Reid's "file" on the case one of the pictures was of Elizabeth Short? or am I mistaken... but I could swear it was the "close up" photo of her face from the morgue...., I just found that a bit odd...

Steadmund Brand
                    That is great news, Steadman! Thanks for letting us know about the renewal.

[Re: Warning Spoiler Alert!]

I thought all the pictures were from the canonical five victims. They took three down because Reid said that his daughter only knew about the first two murder victims. This week's episode was amazing, and leaves us with quite the cliffhanger.
                    ---------------
                    ---------------

Comment

***WARNING SPOILER ALERT****

I watched the episode again, and I am pretty sure the picture in the lower left hand corner of the book (right side of screen) was Elizabeth Short....no idea why.. but interesting to note......

Cliff hanger indeed... pitty we are half way thru the series and will have to wait (probably) a full year for more....

How do you rate this season so far against the first two?

Steadmund Brand

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
                        How do you rate this season so far against the first two?
                        Steadmund Brand
                        I think Season 3 so far has been fantastic! I like all of the seasons, though.
                        ---------------
                        ---------------

Comment

Hi All,

Keith (Skinner) says 13 new episodes have been commissioned - hooray! - and he is currently working with script editors developing ideas.

As police history consultant on series 2 and 3, he'll be going all out to work his corrupt lawyer into one – if not all – of the episodes! He tells me he can't understand how they've failed to note that the unspoken relationship between his character and Susan is pivotal to the entire series. It was all there when he referred to her as a "bitch" and was thrown out of her boudoir!

Love,

Caz
                          X

Comment

Thanks CAZ.. 13 episodes? hmm thought it would be 16 (since they said series 4 and 5) either way I'm happy!!!

By the way Caz.. did you notice the picture I was talking about...and if I am correct is there any reason that you can think of?

Steadmund Brand

Comment

Hi SB,

I have been careful not to read the posts as I won't get to see series 3 until later in the year.

Love,

Caz
                              X

Comment

Working...
                              X