Consciousness of Guilt: Buck's Row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    Iīm fine for now, doing the math. If we work from a perspective where Paul arrived at 03.45 hours, then he will have walked the street down first for a minute, at least. That makes it 03.44. Lechmere was in place 30-40 yards before him, that another half a minute, 03.43.30. The cutting and covering up would have taken perhaps a further minute, taking us to 03.42.30.
    You say three to four minutes at most, in your estimation. If three is the figure, then the killer got up and walked away when Lechmere was halfway down Bucks Row - IF it was somebody else than Lechmere that did the killing. If four minutes apply, then there is room for another killer - only just. If it was two minutes, then Lechmere killed Nichols.

I canīt help but to think that it seems you have full respect for the possibility that Charles Lechmere may have been the killer of Polly Nichols.

The timings you give I broadly agree with, and have said more than once the I consider Lechmere to be viable.

when I am done will open all up on the forums to let others comment before i make my final conclusions.

steve

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
      The timings you give I broadly agree with, and have said more than once the I consider Lechmere to be viable.

when I am done will open all up on the forums to let others comment before i make my final conclusions.

steve
      Hi Steve,

I sincerely hope that we will see a distinction in your reasearch results -

that it will not just be the same old "anyone could have done it".

Best wishes, Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        He might be clear, but it sadly doesn't mean he was accurate. On the other hand, my half-remembered idea of Sgt Kirby's "traversal" might be precisely what we're after; if only I could find the specific reference. I'm sure it's in one of my book-books* somehwere...

* "Book-books" are what I call books of the non-electronic variety. Lovely to look at, a pleasure to hold, but hellish difficult to search through.
        I know the feeling. I saw the pile of newspaper clippings at my office on the murder of prime minister Palme before it was all computerized. Thereīs a book-book (or pile-pile) if ever I saw one.

As you say, clarity does not equal accuracy, so letīs hope you can find the Kirby source. Itīs annoying when you know itīs there somewhere, and you cannot pin it down...
        Last edited by Fisherman; 12-28-2016, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post

steve
          Tin helmet on.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
            Hi Steve,

I sincerely hope that we will see a distinction in your reasearch results -

that it will not just be the same old "anyone could have done it".

Best wishes, Pierre

Pierre
            It won't be anyone, because that is not what I am looking at

I am specifically looking at the wounds and conditions in Bucks row, and how these may or may not link to other murders.

Will it name a killer?

No

Will it exclude certain individuals?

It will probably give a probability of Lechmere being the killer as either high or low based on the medical evidence.

Until I finish I cannot rule out the possibility that the timings may be too close to call, but my initial opinions are not looking like that.

I intend to supply the data in a decent form, obviously with some initial comments.

I will then allow all on here to comment, before I reach any final conclusion.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
              Tin helmet on.
              Don't I know it!!

Comment

Certainly Jack took a lot of chances, just thinking about Mitre sq., he had so little time to do "his work" he must have known about or heard the police patrol/s and their frequency yet, he did what he did, Eddows had been seen with a Man not long before the Murder, if it was him then he'd been seen - he doesn't seem to care, alright we know he'd just done the Stride murder so he must have been raging at his failure so, he must have been so mad that he HAD to do a proper job and he must have had to do it the same night or he'd have failed his task?

He too, probably knew that some if not most warehouses had some sort of Night watchmen and indeed, there was one very close by yet he still did what he did! Now either he was a cocksure chap or he was completely insane and didn't give a tuppenny damn if he was caught or not.

I'd imagine that when the urge arises and you see Red then, you do what you do and don't even think about the consequences- whoever he was he was obviously totally mad, I've often wondered if say, one of the constables on Mitre sq or indeed, any witness attempted to challenge the Ripper, would he (JTR) have gone hand to hand with them and sliced them? It had occurred to me that he may well have been seen but, would someone want to take him on knowing what he was capable of?
                Armed with just a trucheon or nothing at all, in a dark dank corner of some secluded square, Buggered if I'd take a mad Man on! Just a thought😳

Comment

Working...
                X