Japan Wants Foreign Tourists to Avoid Public Flatulence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
    I have always heard that Aussie women find American men very attractive and sexy. Is that true? Oh God, please let it be true.

c.d.
    Come on down and find out.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      Come on down and find out.
      Well I suppose if I got rejected there would at least be beer to drink. Oh wait, that is my fall back position here in America. Never mind.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
        I have always heard that Aussie women find American men very attractive and sexy. Is that true? Oh God, please let it be true.

c.d.
        I don't know about that one, c.d., but as an American woman, I find several Australian and New Zealand male actors attractive and sexy.
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

Probably the biggest issue I have with Americans, and it's nowhere near all of them, is that if you don't do things the American way, you simply must be wrong.
          Well, yes... The American way is the right way. Everybody knows that.
          - Ginger

Comment

Deep down, don't most people think that their own country, their own family, their own religion and their own heroes are the best? Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Probably the biggest issue I have with Americans, and it's nowhere near all of them, is that if you don't do things the American way, you simply must be wrong.
              And???

Steadmund Brand
              "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                I hope the Japanese find us as surrealistically amusing as we find them. It would be a shame for them to miss out on such entertainment.
                I for one don't find them amusing.

One of the best countries I've visited and despite superficial differences the people who are most like the English.

I've a lot of time for the Japanese.

Comment

I'm sure that there are things Aussies take for granted that annoy other cultures. Just as I am sure much of it is generalisations, most Aussies find it a bit funny that Americans seem to think they are the greatest nation on earth (and yep that's a generalisation and I know many really nice Americans) and seem to think everything in America is bigger, not realising that Australia is about the same size but with only 6 States so when the go on about how big, say Texas is, we find it a bit laughable.

But I know some Aussies who are real arrogant too.
                  I've never met an American who I'd class as arrogant. I've been over there and I've met some here, and to a man/woman I've found them well mannered and courteous.

Comment

Well, I've met one or two arrogant Yanks, in the US, in Europe and in England. (There used to be a big US airforce base near to us in Norfolk, England and my uncle worked there.) However, the vast majority of Yanks I've met have been very nice, including one who paid me my first compliment when I was nine!

I think we all generalise though don't we at times, the voluble Frenchman, precise German, inscrutable Japanese, eccentric English with bad teeth, (I read on another forum of an American who went to study in England and was warned about the teeth) loud Aussies, etc. etc.? I just think the national stereotyping has grown up over the centuries. It doesn't resemble reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                      Well, I've met one or two arrogant Yanks, in the US, in Europe and in England. (There used to be a big US airforce base near to us in Norfolk, England and my uncle worked there.) However, the vast majority of Yanks I've met have been very nice, including one who paid me my first compliment when I was nine!

I think we all generalise though don't we at times, the voluble Frenchman, precise German, inscrutable Japanese, eccentric English with bad teeth, (I read on another forum of an American who went to study in England and was warned about the teeth) loud Aussies, etc. etc.? I just think the national stereotyping has grown up over the centuries. It doesn't resemble reality.
                      I thought it was drunk Aussies.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Loud AND drunk, Gut, though I've never met any of those outside Oz, London and Bali! We're always very polite and shy when we are overseas. You know that!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
                          Loud AND drunk, Gut, though I've never met any of those outside Oz, London and Bali! We're always very polite and shy when we are overseas. You know that!
                          I'm always shy everywhere, but I am a bit of a delicate little petal anyway.
                          G U T

Comment

I don't know if we British have bad teeth, because I don't look at people's teeth. Except for Americans. I look at their teeth because you can't avoid the bloody things. There are old hobble-de-hoys in their 80s flashing pearly white choppers. It ain't natural. I'm scared.

Comment

Yes, they are so white and sparkly, onlookers are almost blinded. Maybe they aren't natural, though!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                                I don't know if we British have bad teeth, because I don't look at people's teeth. Except for Americans. I look at their teeth because you can't avoid the bloody things. There are old hobble-de-hoys in their 80s flashing pearly white choppers. It ain't natural. I'm scared.
                                And of course there is always "The Big Book of British Smiles" from the Simpsons episode.

c.d.

Comment

Working...
                                X