No announcement yet.

Separate Bathrooms by Religion? - A New Front in Transgender Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So we are going to need different toilets for all the different genders and religions and then permutations of both, so Christian male, Christian transgender etc etc then Muslim male, Muslim female etc etc.... we are going to need 100s of toilets on site!

Comment

Originally posted by MsWeatherwax View Post
      I am genuinely lost on this subject. I don't understand why people think that dressing as a woman and going into ladies toilets will become a strategy for rapists.
      Precisely, MsW. You put it better than I did.

Last night I couldn't get the image out of my head of all these opportunist rapists going to the lengths of impersonating a pre-op man who is living and dressing as a woman, so they can take advantage of a law that gives such individuals the right to use the Ladies.

Love,

Caz
      X
      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
        Someone should do a statistical analysis of just how many transgendered people there are in America and the likelihood of one of them entering the bathroom you have chosen just as you are ready to do your business.

Lord this seems like much ado about about nothing. Only in America does it seem that there is no safe haven from the culture wars.

c.d.
        I was thinking, I doubt there are many straight people around these days who don't have friends and relatives who would identify as something else. Yet there is still a lot of hatred and ignorance shown on the subject, and certainly not just in America. Times that by ten for the tiny minority of poor devils who just happened to be born with certain bits and pieces they never asked for and don't want.

There but for the grace of that loving fairy king (or queen) in the sky, eh?

Love,

Caz
        X
        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

I don't really understand why an anatomical male who thinks he's a woman would demand the right to use the ladies' toilet. There are often queues for the ladies' since they seem to take so long in there, so why can't the 'bloke' go in the gents?

Comment

Yesterday, I went into the men's room at work and there was someone in the stall, and he was, as best as I can describe it, committing a war crime!!!...now I think there should be a separate bathroom for that.....Men, Ladies and "Gonna mess this place up" rooms....

Steadmund Brand
            "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Working...
            X