Whitney Houston R.I.P.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    I also heard a report that a record company executive who was staying in a hotel room above hers reported hearing two loud booms and man's raised voice some twenty minutes before she was discovered dead. So despite the official word pending the autopsy that there were no suspicious circumstances in regard to her death, it might be wondered if her death might have been partly due to partner abuse similar to what she had suffered from her longtime boyfriend Bobby Brown.
    Well, in that case a forensic pathologist would be in the position to figure out if there are hematomas, internal bleeding etc. on her. Plus her daughter might know. If such a thing would be made public is another question.
    To me it looks a lot like Marilyn Monroe's death (without the Mafia and the Kennedys).
    Best regards,
    Maria

Comment

Originally posted by mariab View Post
      Well, in that case a forensic pathologist would be in the position to figure out if there are hematomas, internal bleeding etc. on her. Plus her daughter might know. If such a thing would be made public is another question.
      To me it looks a lot like Marilyn Monroe's death (without the Mafia and the Kennedys).
      You may have read the reports that photographs of her taken leaving a nightclub two days before her death show blood on her legs and scratches on her wrist.

Chris
      Christopher T. George
      Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
      just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
      For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
      RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Just looked at the pic in question and the blood is totally minimal. Could have been a menstruation-related accident or gynecological problem (didn't Marilyn Monroe have similar problems?) or something. Unless you imply that she was shooting drugs or was cutting herself or someone was cutting her? Wow.

I find it cute that she was witnessed doing handstands by the pool at the Hotel where she was staying.

Actually all my singer friends and SouthCal friends keep talking about this all day. They're posting YouTubes of her ex-dealer and stuff.
        Best regards,
        Maria

Comment

Hi Chris

I hadn't heard that no, it's definitely something to think about, and if it does turn out to be an argument rather than physical abuse it could still point to her frame of mind at the time.

Errata

For someone who says they suffer from depression, I would have expected a bit more sympathy.
          Addiction and depression take all forms, who are we to judge that person until we have been in their shoes. Unfortunately sometimes love just isn't enough to keep the demons at bay any more. Especially if she was depressed, her emotions all over. I don't think it makes them crap mam's, just human.

Maria

That really would be a gynaecological problem, seeing as where the bood is!
          It's not about what you know....it's about what you can find out

Comment

Originally posted by tji View Post
            Errata

For someone who says they suffer from depression, I would have expected a bit more sympathy.
            Addiction and depression take all forms, who are we to judge that person until we have been in their shoes. Unfortunately sometimes love just isn't enough to keep the demons at bay any more. Especially if she was depressed, her emotions all over. I don't think it makes them crap mam's, just human.

!
            I sympathize to a point. Thats why I said if she had actually been trying to kill herself, I would feel bad for her. And yes, I suffer from depression and have suffered from addiction. So I know that even whilst in the depths of both, there are times when you are sober, and there are times when the depression is not so crippling, and it is in those times when you look at the people in your life and choose exactly how much to put them through. She's not a crap mom because she died. Or because she was an addict or depressed. She was a crap mom because she wouldn't put her kids needs ahead of her own wants. She had been through this before. Gotten sober, gotten healthy. She knew what her daughter went through the first time. Not only did she choose to put her through it again, she decided not to what any number of addicted parents manage to do, and distance herself. So that, oh say her daughter wouldn't walk in on her corpse. She was not obligated to feel cheery. She was not even obligated to be sober. She was obligated to ensure that her child would not be a victim of her own mother. That was more important that gold records, catchy songs, movie roles, boyfriends, all the other things she managed to make a priority. And to crawl out of the self absorbed behavior of addiction, face the consequences, and then jump back in to hurt her kid even more is not a function of mental illness or addiction. It's narcissism. Its the selfishness that's gets people into addiction, not addiction that makes them selfish.

So who cares if she had the voice of an angel or the croak of a toad? She refused to prioritize the only thing she ever did that actually mattered.
            The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

It is perfectly fine asking a healthy individual to prioritise, but if someone is too far gone then it means nothing to them.

Tracy
              It's not about what you know....it's about what you can find out

Comment

Originally posted by tji View Post
                It is perfectly fine asking a healthy individual to prioritise, but if someone is too far gone then it means nothing to them.

Tracy
                She wasn't "too far gone" the first time she chose to take drugs, or the second time or even the third. And yes, I know all the studies about brain chemistry, blah blah. But the fact is, at what point does someone become "too far gone" and therefore no longer responsible for the choices they make?

People are such hypocrites. ONE day before her death the tabloids were splashing "drugged out drunk Whitney, look at her and laugh at her downfall" now it's "Oh poor Whitney, her tragic downfall".

Just because she died doesn't make her any less of a joke.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

I care more about dogs in Korea that are beaten to heighten the adrenaline levels before being consumed than I care about Houston, Jackson, and other privileged idiots who can't make decent decisions.

Mike
                  huh?

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                    I care more about dogs in Korea
                    Mike
                    North, South or both ?

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                      I care more about dogs in Korea that are beaten to heighten the adrenaline levels before being consumed than I care about Houston, Jackson, and other privileged idiots who can't make decent decisions.

Mike
                      Agreed. Shane McGowan, who has taken more drugs and alcohol than them all, has the good taste to be alive and seemingly happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                        People are such hypocrites. ONE day before her death the tabloids were splashing "drugged out drunk Whitney, look at her and laugh at her downfall" now it's "Oh poor Whitney, her tragic downfall".

Just because she died doesn't make her any less of a joke.
                        EXACTLY, Ally

She was a beautiful woman and a glorious singer but also a total idiot.

Global superstars can afford to take time off to get their heads together and get the best medical attention in the world.

And, yes, the tabloid hypocrisy is as amusing as ever.
                        allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Working...
                        X