Should Redknapp Go For England Job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Redknapp Go For England Job?

Or should he stick with a team that one day might actually win something?

Hi Robert

Good question. I think England are probably going to remain perennial under-achievers on the world and European stages whomever the manager happens to be. You might be right that Redknapp would be better sticking with Spurs.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
    just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
    For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
    RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

A better question might be: Does England need Redknapp as national team coach?

I mean, shucks and Friday, shoeless, clueless Harry can't read, can't write, and can't cipher. Why, he must have an assistant who counts to eleven just so Harry doesn't put too many players on the pitch at once. Or so Harry would have us understand from his recent court testimony.

And rather than ponder if Harry was bending the truth there, he is also on recent record as admitting he is a liar. Of course, "Oil Can Harry" claims he only lies to newspaper reporters not court reporters. Believe that if you will, but why any newspaper reporter would bother to interview him in the future, far less print anything he says, is a testiment to the low estate of British journalism.

More to the point for those who care more about how England may fare this summer in the Euros than honesty, the near universal approval of Harry as manager by those players likely to be chosen should be seen as a warning sign. And all the more after a national manager like Capello who sought to instill a little discipline into a team currently nororious for indiscipline and self-indulgence.

Just look at the Boston Red Sox last year. To a man the players loved manager Terry Francona, a "players' manager." And that was because the lockerroom was a virtual "Liberty Hall," with guys playing cards, watching TV and drinking even while a game was being played.

Does England want Oil Can Harry?

Don.
      "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

What about Raymond Domenech ? He's at present in no regular employment.

Comment

David the feeling over here seems to be that it's time for an English manager, or at least a British one.

Comment

Just kidding Robert, Domenech is best forgotten. Now football isn't my tasse de thé, although English football is traditionally less ridiculous than others. I mean, Steven Gerrard doesn't disgust me as Christiano Ronaldo does. So you're right, choose a Brit coach.

Comment

David, maybe the stars aren't propitious for Domenech, although I found it jolly hard to believe in astrology after I looked at my horoscope 30 years ago and saw :

"Today will start bright but will deteriorate in the afternoon. You will die this evening. Lucky number : 7."

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                Or should he stick with a team that one day might actually win something?
                Hi Robert,
                I'm all for Redknapp becoming the new England manager. I really think a wonderful manager like him might just be able to turn England's fortunes in the football world. He seems to be able to mould a group of players into a real team that work together, which is what the England team needs. At the last World Cup most of the players seemed to be doing 'their own thing'.
                Carol

Comment

Hi Carol

He might create a team. But let's face it, with England he'd be doing well if he could teach the players to control, trap and pass the ball.

Comment

What about Martin O'Neil? I think he'd make an excellent England manager.

Comment

Me too.

Comment

I hope he leaves the Premier league. He caused Mario Balotelli to be suspended because of his press conference BS after his team lost. Who does he think he is? Coach your own team and stop calling out other teams star players. Mario was falling over off balance and was facing the other way when he accidentally cleated the other player. I mean seriously not even JCVD could have pulled off a helicopter kick like that, facing the other direction. I don't have any respect for that guy. Redknapp is a whiner and sore loser (like a lot of Soccer managers and players it seems) so the faster he leaves the better
                        Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by Carol View Post
                          Hi Robert,
                          I'm all for Redknapp becoming the new England manager. I really think a wonderful manager like him might just be able to turn England's fortunes in the football world. He seems to be able to mould a group of players into a real team that work together, which is what the England team needs. At the last World Cup most of the players seemed to be doing 'their own thing'.
                          Carol
                          In court one day, at the Palace the next being created "Sir Harry Redknapp". . . . Talk about Reversal of Fortune.
                          Christopher T. George
                          Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                          just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                          For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                          RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

off-topic

The more I think about football, the more I love rugby.
                            France-Ireland was excellent, last Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                              What about Martin O'Neil? I think he'd make an excellent England manager.
                              He certainly would. Trouble is he's Sunderland manager and as Sunderland is one of our 'teams' I'm afraid we can't afford to lose him at the moment.

Per-Åke (my husband) and I support Sunderland, Newcastle, Aston Villa and Manchester City. We like to hedge our bets.

Carol

Comment

Working...
                              X