No announcement yet.

Ripper Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dogs love couches and don't mind sharing with us.

Comment

I've raised five puppies and they've all been different. They do need small meals three or four is usually reccommended.They should go for a trip outside after every meal and when they wake up from sleeping. But there will usually be little mishaps.All mine have slept in the bed! (Not at the same time though.)

Comment

Hi DVV and congatulation's on your new friendship, for somthing it is said "dog is man's best friend". One thing I would advice you is to make sure the dog has taken it's vaccines before going outdoor's, and yes teach her to walk on a leash as soon as possible, when walking, the dog must be on your left side and her body not overtaking your leg, the leash must be loose, correct the dog's position when walking on a lead untill the dog learn's to walk correctly.

FOOD -

3 to 6 month's 3 meal's aday.

6 to 12 month's 2 meal's aday.

12 month's and onwards 1 meal aday.

That's the way I do it and I have alway's had very healthy dog's.
        It's very important that puppies not to get wet, if they do they must be dried straight away especially their back's.

Command's-

I teach my dog's various command's, the word I first teach my puppies I think is "NO" a very useful command, especially when there doing somthing wrong. Good luck and have patiance !

I have had a dog since the age of four, I breed "Villanos de las Encartaciones" since twenty year's back. The "Villano" is a very ancient breed of dog, which has been maintained over the year's thank's to the Basque cattle herders who use this breed in their day to day work with the cattle. Some year's back the breed was in danger of extinction, but is now slowly recovreing.

This is my dog "Txula" she is twenty month's old, I bet nowhone on the forum has ever heard of this breed before ! two word's to discribe the "Villano" Loyal and Brave., and yes she too think's it's the Coram knife, je,je all the best, agur.

niko

Comment

"Txula" Villano de las Encartaciones, RIPPER DOG

Ripper Dog.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Niko, thanks for the pic, she looks a very cute and clever ripper-dog. The breed must be as confidential as my Danubian Pointer.

At the present time I give her 4 meals a day, she's already almost ok with the lead, and moreso without. We have all the beach for ourselves and the weather is sweet. It makes things easier.

Now for the vaccination I think I have to wait until she's 12 weeks old, if I'm correct.

Comment

[QUOTE]This is my dog "Txula" she is twenty month's old[/QUOTE

Niko -I didn't crack for this thread before (although I've had lots of puppies in my life)....but I just love the photo of Txula ! She looks just like a little diablotin or incubus or a gothic gargoyle

(I'm not trying to be funny...I'm not very into fluffy-cute)
              Last edited by Rubyretro; 01-26-2012, 02:53 PM.
              http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

[QUOTE=Rubyretro;204834]
                This is my dog "Txula" she is twenty month's old[/QUOTE

Niko -I didn't crack for this thread before (although I've had lots of puppies in my life)....but I just love the photo of Txula ! She looks just like a little diablotin or incubus or a gothic gargoyle

(I'm not trying to be funny...I'm not very into fluffy-cute)
                Hi Ruby your discription of "Txula" is bang-on, I'm in love with the breed, you should see her farther, an identical "gargoyle". I must say that the "Villano" is a very inteligent dog, dueing to his sheperd skill's, and they are very good with other dog's, all the best, agur.

niko

Comment

Niko -it might surprise you to know that I was a sheep farmer, in France, for some years. All my puppies were working sheep dogs (so that I had a very intense but not 'sleeping on the bed' type rapport with them)....I would absolutely have liked to train a dog like Txula.

David -my tip for training Clara would be that dogs are 'pack' animals, with a dominant leader...you should show Clara who is the 'pack leader' and she will be a happy little dog. If you try to put human sensibilities onto a dog, then you will confuse it and have problems.
                  She is not a woman looking for equality with you ...she is your little dependant animal, and she will be more content to be treated as such.
                  Last edited by Rubyretro; 01-26-2012, 04:23 PM.
                  http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Hi DVV, Ruby's tip is absoultly correct, "you" must be the pack leader, about dog's sleeping on the bed, (Txula sleeps on her mat) I think it's a personal decision, local farmer's in my village think I'm mad for leting "Txula" live in door,s. I also have two terrier's which live out-door's all the year round. I understand the farmer's perfectly.
                    Most dog's in my village live on farm's, they usaully sleep in barn's or dog houses, its very common for this dog's to have "fleas".so the idea of letting one of this dog's in to the house is not very tempting, I can proudly say that my dog's "don't" have fleas, je,je.

Talking about Ripper dog's, I've alway's wondered what breed of dog was Kozminskis dog ? it could'nt of been a toy poodle which he was fined or arrested for not wearing a muzzle, ratting and dog fight's were very popular in 1888, all the best,agur.

niko

Comment

Isenchmid yellow dog is fascinating also.

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
                        Isenchmid yellow dog is fascinating also.
                        Dvv you read my mind I was also going to mention Isenchmid's dog, but I thought it was discribed as a "huge grey dog" I wonder if Kozminski had a butcher friend who was also interested in dog's and could supply Kozminski "meat" to feed his dog, I bet it was very common for a butcher to have a dog in 1888, hmmm my imagination again ! all the best,agur.

niko

Comment

My bitch is eating 3 meals a day but needs to go to the toilets 6 or 7 times.
                          Should have called her Cadosh.

Comment

Working...
                          X