Sam Flynn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Flynn

I cannot express how much I miss Sam Flynn nor how much I feel the boards are objectively missing him.

I respect his absence but his contribution to ripperology cannot end like this imo - whatever his other interests.

Gareth's suspect didn't go further than "unknown local", as I recall, which is far less glamour than real names, but what a wonderful book could he write about this not-glamour JtR, one suspects....

How comes that I have always, even when I had to disagree (cause I was right as ever), held his posts in the utmost respect, as if he were both Sugden and SPE ?

Am I the only one to feel this way ?

Wait, I'm not telling you he's God, but he is truly unique.

I hope he will appreciate the uncheikhable broken English that caracaterizze my posts from the very start-itself.
    Last edited by DVV; 01-08-2012, 12:15 AM.

Gareth is a very good Ripperologist and a very funny man too. I have just become aware that Chris Scott is thinking of giving up Ripperology. We are losing too many excellent people.

Comment

Oh dear, not Chris Scott...!

Comment

Yep, afraid so. I'm waiting now for Stephen and Howard to say they're closing down the boards and that will complete the day. I had some bad news about another poster too. What a bloody rotten day.

Comment

But maybe Gareth Williams will post again occasionally. He spoke (on Koslowski in Poland) at the September 2010 Whitechapel conference.
          Best regards,
          Maria

Comment

There's currently a thread over on JTR Forums just discussing the very fact that we have lost so many brilliant researchers over the past few years.....and, funnily enough, almost always for exactly the same set of reasons. Might be time for an attitude overhaul in Ripperology if we want these people to stay on, eh?

Cheers,
            Adam.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Went View Post
              There's currently a thread over on JTR Forums just discussing the very fact that we have lost so many brilliant researchers over the past few years.....and, funnily enough, almost always for exactly the same set of reasons. Might be time for an attitude overhaul in Ripperology if we want these people to stay on, eh?

Cheers,
              Adam.
              That I'm sure of, Adam, but at the same time the fact that X or Y are still discussing whether the ripper did suffocate or strangle his victims does not stop me thinking that ripperology could make significant progress if only people like Sam Flynn were around right now, however dull are the times, and perhaps precisely because of that.

Now my english being broken to much, I sure escape.

Comment

Originally posted by mariab View Post
                But maybe Gareth Williams will post again occasionally. He spoke (on Koslowski in Poland) at the September 2010 Whitechapel conference.
                Maria, I hope so.

But Schumann above everything.

Comment

Hi DVV,

Yes, it's almost as if some people can't see the forest for the trees. So many problems within the case could be solved if only a smidgeon of common sense and decency were used. Instead, invaluable members come in, make their mark, throw their hands up in despair and walk back out again....revolving door stuff when often it's completely unnecessary.

Cheers,
                  Adam.

Comment

True and well said, Adam.

Comment

audite, audite

Hello David, Robert. Hear hear. Gareth was a lovely chap.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

Hi,
                        I agree it is regretful that so many enthusiasts have left us over the years, whilst some of them remain listed , their contributions have dwindled, here are a few .
                        My old mate Lea [ Parry]
                        Glenn.
                        Jane C [ a lovely lady].
                        Suzi/diddles
                        Archaic
                        Chris Scott[ true researcher]
                        Even such prolific posters such as
                        Ally..[ always available for a row]
                        What about Philip H, and John Bennett
                        Sam /Gareth [ who invented Nunner's]
                        We must not forget Bob Hinton, [ we really wound each other up] a excellent author, who brought Hutchinson into the suspect realm.
                        Others [ too many to list] have fell by the wayside..
                        So why?
                        I have to be honest many have left for commercial reasons, Casebook is a good way of advertising oneself, and getting in with the crowd[ so to speak]
                        others have simply moved on , life presents fads from time to time, and circumstances can also alter routines.
                        I enjoy Casebook, and as retirement zooms in [ April] I for one shall give my pennyworth on a regular basis, I find this case as fascinating now, as I did initially many years ago.
                        Lets hope some of us are still here....
                        Regards Richard.

Comment

Bunny

Hello Richard. Bunny McCabe (Archaic) is not well. I occasionally hear from her.

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

Hi Lynn,
                            Sorry to hear that, I should have added illness as another reason
                            Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                              Hello Richard. Bunny McCabe (Archaic) is not well. I occasionally hear from her.

Cheers.
                              LC
                              Bunny is hanging in there. She has some health issues, which she valiantly faces, but right now she is very busy on some things unrelated to Ripperology.
                              Last edited by Celesta; 01-08-2012, 10:37 PM.
                              "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Working...
                              X