Orlando attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orlando attack

Thoughts and prayers for the families of the 5 innocent victims that have been brutally gunned down while going about their business today.

Police say the army veteran "was certainly singling out the individuals he shot" near Orlando.

Originally posted by Svensson View Post
    Thoughts and prayers for the families of the 5 innocent victims that have been brutally gunned down while going about their business today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40162989
    I hadn't heard about this.

Will the madness ever end?
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Thanks to Svensson and GUT, but this attack does not seem to be related to terrorism. Authorities say the gunman was a "disgruntled employee" at a business making accessories for recreational vehicles ("RVs"). So, alas, it is only an example of our own particular brand of American violence and insanity.

Still, thank you for thinking of the victims and their families.
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
        Thanks to Svensson and GUT, but this attack does not seem to be related to terrorism. Authorities say the gunman was a "disgruntled employee" at a business making accessories for recreational vehicles ("RVs"). So, alas, it is only an example of our own particular brand of American violence and insanity.

Still, thank you for thinking of the victims and their families.
        So many of the other attacks haven't been terrorist related either, (though thelast couple of months they have been) just idjits with guns and a grudge. Yep more of that violence and insanity often made multiple times worse than it could be by letting ordinary golf have extraordinary weapons.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT
          Yep more of that violence and insanity often made multiple times worse than it could be by letting[B]ordinary golf[B/] have extraordinary weapons.
          Yes, because golf courses are very dangerous places these days.
          Last edited by Pcdunn; 06-05-2017, 03:17 PM. Reason: Bold error
          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
          ---------------
          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
          ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
            I hadn't heard about this.
            I'm not surprised because mass-shootings in the US are so commonplace these days they don't even make it to the top of the Web page. Just doesn't fit with the current narrative of hysteria that is required by a society with multiple competing 24/7 news channels.

Comment

I get the idea that many of these attacks are due to copy-cats noting the response to other attacks. They are like an increasingly dangerous avalanche.

My sympathies to the victims and their families.

Jeff

Comment

Thank you for posting this, Svensson. I have family in the Orlando area and having been watching for updates.

The shooter and his victims have all been identified. Neumann, the shooter, was charged with battery against one of his coworkers before being fired last April. The unnamed battery victim was not among the shooting victims.

A disgruntled former employee shot and killed five people at Fiamma Inc. in Orlando, Florida, on Monday morning before killing himself, Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said.

Comment

My condolences to the families and friends of the victims.
                  And to DrummondStreet I'm glad that your family are ok.

HS
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Thank you, Herlock. Orlando has been plagued with too many tragedies lately.

Comment

Working...
                    X