Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venom 1981

Hi all,

I was wondering if the Movie Venom made in 1981 used shooting locations in Whitechapel?
    At just after 18 minutes, the young lad in the taxi drives down what looks like Durward Street, formerly Buck's Row...you can see a building that resembles the board school in the distance.
    I went there in the mid 80s and remember the the corrugated Iron, rubble and the general state of the road looks very similar....I'm probably wrong but it looks very similar to what I remember.

Best
    Simon

Hi Simon

You'd have to ask Rob Clack or someone like that. I think "Brady Motors" is quite interesting.

Comment

Wow, good spot! It certainly looks like it could be the western end of Durward Street (White's Row in 1888) where it meets Vallance St (Bakers Row). The shape of the two buildings either side match the old maps. If it is, the pet shop with 21 above the door is actually number 16 and was a pub in 1888, but since this shop features in the movie it could have been altered for filming. It's a shame you (well, I) can't make out the road name sign...
      Brady Motors appears to be just a blank brick facade now, according to Google maps.

It's only a brief clip, 17:37 to 17:45 on here;

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Is this the spot.
        Attached Files

Comment

I see Rob Clack posted on the other thread, saying this was the view looking west down Winthrop Street from Brady Street, rather than from the other end as I suggested....which makes sense! I guess Brady Motors should have given me a little clue. And the numbering makes sense too, 21 being a bakery at the time of the Ripper.

Anyway, sadly this view no longer seems to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

Anyway, sadly this view no longer seems to exist.
            Indeed for the Board School to be on the right hand side it has to be from Brady Street. However on the other forum they claim it is looking down Winthrop Street which I presume used to also join Brady Street like Durward Street does, alas as you say it no longer is possible to get this view.

Comment

Working...
            X