X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
    Entire series here :

Episode 1 of 6

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Episode 2 of 6

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Episode 3 of 6

Episode 4 of 6

Episode 5 of 6

Episode 6 of 6

I suggest you copy the programs because this particular series often winds up being removed...or, one episode is removed.

If you are all thumbs at downloading/saving programs from the Web...while there are several that I use on JTRForums, the Ummy Video Downloader ( Particularly good if you use Google Chrome as your primary browser ) is very good. Safe too.

http://en.savefrom.net/#url=https%3A...=link_modifier
    Hi Howard. For some reason, none of the YouTube links you list are working, at least not for me. I get an error message stating "The video does not exist." Also, when I went to the Ummy site and attempted to download the program, Norton stepped in and blocked installation, stating that the ummy-vd-web-loader.exe, was a threat! I haven't given up - I'm going to find another downloader and hope the programs haven't been removed from You Tube!

John
    "We reach. We grasp. And what is left at the end? A shadow."
    Sherlock Holmes, The Retired Colourman

Comment

John....try this one. It will take you to the first episode....the other five will be on the right hand side of the page.

Ummy works with a Google browser, John. I never tried it with any other browser....

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ywT...4pK4IajT_2IbQD

John....try this one. It will take you to the first episode....the other five will be on the right hand side of the page.

Ummy works with a Google browser, John. I never tried it with any other browser....
        Thanks Howard. I did find the articles on You Tube and was able to download them easily with something called YouTube By Click which I've had for several years. I wanted to try Ummy since I am using Chrome but couldn't install it because Norton deleted the installation .exe as a threat. I'm going to shop around for an installer that will work with other video sites in addition to You Tube. Also the restored James Mason video is available online, but you have to register with the producer. Don't know yet if you can save it.

John
        "We reach. We grasp. And what is left at the end? A shadow."
        Sherlock Holmes, The Retired Colourman

Comment

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
          Hi,
          Is my memory playing tricks , or has the nuns account been edited out of the episodes..the one who claimed when she was a novice, she heard a elderly nun say that 'If it were not for the Kelly woman , none of the murders would have happened..?
          Regards Richard,
          It's from Stephen Knights "The Final Solution" -> https://youtu.be/FOAmRIKYqpg

Comment

Hi Eaglebauer,
            Indeed it was mentioned in that programme, but it featured in 1973, in the Barlow and Watt investigation, in a actual clip, with the nun,but for some reason has been edited out ...Why?
            Regards Richard.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ywT...4pK4IajT_2IbQD

Many thanks for this second link, Howard, it worked fine for me (using Firefox browser-- got the "video doesn't exist message" with the earlier link), and I'll want to check out more of these fellows later. The first few seconds of the first episode are, as Holmes might say, "most suggestive, indeed." Absolutely have never heard of this show-- looks interesting!
              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
              ---------------
              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
              ---------------

Comment

Hi,
                For those not familiar with this programme all those years back, I believe it was what started the whole Stephen Knight "final solution " thing rolling.
                This series was what got me intrested the case originally.
                It's great to see it again after all these years. ...and it stands up really well.
                I was also impressed with the murder sites portrayed.
                Would be good to see a modern updated remake.

Comment

Hi,
                  As a footnote, I noticed on the east end photographs and drawings forum...page four here on casebook....There are some colour stills/ publicity shots in Mitre Sq from the program.

Comment

Hi
                    The nuns account , spoken on film by the nun herself, was according to Knight , shown in 1973 which corresponds with what I am saying, in The Barlow and Watt episodes,,,however it is missing, hence my query,
                    Regards Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
                      Hi
                      The nuns account , spoken on film by the nun herself, was according to Knight , shown in 1973 which corresponds with what I am saying, in The Barlow and Watt episodes,,,however it is missing, hence my query,
                      Regards Richard.
                      If correct, the version on youtube seems to be a pre edited / pre production version and so maybe was added right at the end.
                      Or of course, certain powers linked to a conspiracy may have had it removed. ( Wink)

Comment

Hi Spyglass.
                        Somebody out there is not saying..Nudge Nudge,,,

Comment

All six episodes in colour:

-> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...gjXxI_Mc1dLUUy

Comment

Never heard of this, going watch it righr now.

Comment

This show is pretty great.

Comment

Just wanted to let you guys know that the B&W JTR series has fast become my favorite playlist on youtube. I watch it a lot.

Thanks again for turning me on to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X