Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barlow and Watt on youtube

Hi all,
    Noticed today that all six episodes of the Barlow and Watt TV series is now on youtube.
    I had a quick sneaky view whilst at work and have to say how impressed I was in what I glimpsed, especially the quality.
    But could have sworn that it was originally in colour.

Well spotted old chap I've had a quick glance and the episodes look superb old Joe sickrets on one so no doubt we are in for a bit of the royal conspiracy .
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

I also spotted them doing a tour of Mitre Sq and Bucks row at the beginning of episode six.....fantastic.
      Can't wait to settle down for a good night's viewing.

Comment

But could have sworn that it was originally in colour.
        Yes it was. -> https://youtu.be/vbvw-5cts90

Comment

I'll have to make time to have a looksy.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebauer View Post
            Oh yes! Pure gold.

Comment

Entire series here :

Episode 1 of 6

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Episode 2 of 6

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Episode 3 of 6

Episode 4 of 6

Episode 5 of 6

Episode 6 of 6

I suggest you copy the programs because this particular series often winds up being removed...or, one episode is removed.

If you are all thumbs at downloading/saving programs from the Web...while there are several that I use on JTRForums, the Ummy Video Downloader ( Particularly good if you use Google Chrome as your primary browser ) is very good. Safe too.

We offer the fastest way to save YouTube videos in mp3, mp4, or in other range of formats. It’s the most convenient YouTube video downloader you’ve ever tried!
              Last edited by Howard Brown; 06-13-2015, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info.
                Can one actually down load and save youtube material?
                Certainly tried before and failed.

Comment

Absolutely. Freecorder7 from Applian Technologies is one method....its free for Windows users....have had a version of it for 8 years.
                  Tom's Guide upgrades your life by helping you decide what tech to buy, showing you how to get the most out of it and solving problems as they arise. Tom's Guide is here to help you....

As I said, I think Ummy will work very well if you intend to download and save the programs. Its my primary tool for packratting videos.

Comment

Will check it out.
                    Once again many thanks.

Comment

My pleasure.
                      I suggest the Ummy tool before Freecorder's.

Comment

Hi,
                        Is my memory playing tricks , or has the nuns account been edited out of the episodes..the one who claimed when she was a novice, she heard a elderly nun say that 'If it were not for the Kelly woman , none of the murders would have happened..?
                        Regards Richard,

Comment

Spyglass,
                          I find 4k downloader good,and for stitching episodes(or short pieces of video) into a continuos film, I use Freemake video recorder.
                          Regards.

Comment

Thanks for that Harry I must have a look at Freemake.
                            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
                              Hi,
                              Is my memory playing tricks , or has the nuns account been edited out of the episodes..the one who claimed when she was a novice, she heard a elderly nun say that 'If it were not for the Kelly woman , none of the murders would have happened..?
                              Regards Richard,
                              Hi Richard

That was in another Ripper documentary a few years later.

Hard to imagine in these days of 500 TV channels but for the sake of information for youngsters and non-Brits, the fictional detective duo of Barlow and Watt had starred in two smash hit police dramas (Z Cars and Softly Softly) which were regularly watched by 80% the UK population then.

That said, this series was excellent for its time.
                              allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Working...
                              X