Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "From Hell" to be made into a Tv-series on FX

As of yet, the details are fairly slim.

However, Alan Moore's award winning graphic novel is set to be produced and shown on FX as a tv series. The producer of the movie, Don Murphy, shall be involved; however there is a new writer, "Children Of Men" scribe David Arata, who also has won awards for his scripture.

Back in 2001 From Hell was made into a very liberal film starring Johnny Depp. Very little resembled the actually graphic novels original plot-line.

It has yet to have been announced whether it will be a one series event or not.

I REALLY hope they stick it to the main graphic novel, however it thus being Hollywood, I fear that they will "sex-it-up" and turn it into a terrible Detective story with crappy writing.

Any ideas, guys? I am looking forward to more information. However, I am also expecting to be disappointed as well.

Links:

http://www.slashfilm.com/from-hell-tv-series/

http://deadline.com/2014/11/from-hel...86057/#respond

Interesting. I'll check it out.

Comment

That does sound interesting. They could do it well or very badly...
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by AuroraSarintacos View Post

I REALLY hope they stick it to the main graphic novel, however it thus being Hollywood, I fear that they will "sex-it-up" and turn it into a terrible Detective story with crappy writing.
        I think one would be hard pressed to put more sex into "From Hell" than there already is in the graphic novel. But if you mean they will try and make it more glamorous, then yes, they probably will. And meanwhile, I'm sure Alan Moore is probably slamming it up down and sideways as he does whenever any of his works get adapted to the screen.

Comment

I wonder who did it and why........

Comment

I wonder how violent/gory the series will be. Likely very sanitized. Of all the ripper movies I've seen, the amount of violence inflicted on the victims was very minimal. A movie that actually showed the realistic extent of the mutilations would be ....very very scary!

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
              I wonder how violent/gory the series will be. Likely very sanitized. Of all the ripper movies I've seen, the amount of violence inflicted on the victims was very minimal. A movie that actually showed the realistic extent of the mutilations would be ....very very scary!
              You'd actually would be suprised on the actual extent of gore that FX has now featured on tv. Also, keep in mind, the tv series The Walking Dead is particularly gory as well - so I'm assuming this would show the violence, but to a certain extent.

However I haven't heard any news on the further development. Seems like it might never happen :/

Comment

Working...
              X