Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If ES were not a Ripper victim, would Jack have known about her before killing CE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
    Even Alice McKenzie was known as Kelly at the Goulston Street Wash House.
    Didn't know that, Jon. It's good to know, though
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

My point is that the 2 aliases combined have almost all of Mary Jane Kellys full known name and address, missing as you point out, only the "2". My claim isn't that she sought to misidentify herself by using those choices, my claim is that she may have been revealing her knowledge of a Mary Kelly on Dorset Street in way that was not immediately obvious. How many people would have known about the name and address on the pawn ticket? How many would have known the name she used at Bishopsgate? This isn't some charted course she used to misrepresent her identity, it seems rather a rather revealing spur of the moment choice when looked at forensically.
      If anyone wants to look,you will find a Mary Ann Kelly baptised at St. Leonard's Church.
      Possibly the same unfortunate in the 1881 census.
      Ever wonder why her inquest was held at the Shoreditch Town Hall,which was the meeting place for St. Leonard's Vestry Board!

Eddowes was dropping hints left,right and centre.
      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        Didn't know that, Jon. It's good to know, though
        Yes, when Sarah Smith, wife of the manager of the baths, was called out by the police, she went into Castle Alley and recognised McKenzie as someone who used the baths to wash people clothes (on a Saturday - so Alice must have been cleaning for Jewish people) and was known as Kelly.

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
          Eddowes was dropping hints left,right and centre.
          Would that be Catherine Eddowes from Wolverhampton, twenty-ish years older than Mary Kelly, who'd had one steady relationship and was in another, who doesn't ever appear to have lived in Dorset Street at the time, and who had been away in Kent for most of the Autumn of Terror?
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Hi Sam,

Although I like the tendency you seem to have, seeing coincidence where others see conspiracies, I think when you are dealing with a coincidence of this kind,.....a victim in a world event category alleged series of murders who uses aliases that are variations of the name and address of the subsequent victim...no matter how many Marys, or Mary Janes, or Mary Jane Kellys, or just Kellys there were in London at the same time, this is either an extremely poignant and very eerie coincidence, or it isnt a coincidence.

Since I take the approach that when looking at extraordinary things like Unicorns.......like a "coincidence" of this kid would be.... one doesn't just assume they are Horses anyway, I am less inclined to brush this off.

Its also why I just see a horse when I look at the Stride murder.
            Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
              Its also why I just see a horse when I look at the Stride murder.
              That`s Louis Diemshutz horse !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                That`s Louis Diemshutz horse !!
                Yep, she walked right into it's trap!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                  Would that be Catherine Eddowes from Wolverhampton, twenty-ish years older than Mary Kelly, who'd had one steady relationship and was in another, who doesn't ever appear to have lived in Dorset Street at the time, and who had been away in Kent for most of the Autumn of Terror?
                  Yep.
                  Probably the same woman who was in London Hospital from December 1867 with a Mary Anne N_____,with Rheumatic Fever.
                  Glomenulonephritis AKA Gull-Sutton Syndrome or Bright's Disease is caused by the same bacteria.
                  Makes its' home in the intestines.

Oddly Eddowes left to go hopping and shortly after her new next door neighbour, Nichols, was dead.
                  When Eddowes returned she thought she knew who killed her and seemed to think that could be financially rewarding.

Stride's bottom lip is a genetic condition that was a specialty of HG Sutton's.

So was TB.Jack tried to take Chapman's head off.

Those four could have met in the London Hospital waiting hall.
                  My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

To go back to the original thread. I think this is really quite interesting. I am pretty certain that ES was a victim of the same murderer. Though if she was not knowledge of this first murder might well have had an impact on the second. In terms of the murderer making it clear that his victim was like his others i.e. mutilated etc. not just a domestic (as some people speculate ES was!)
                    Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

Working...
                    X