Jack the ripper - The definitive story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack the ripper - The definitive story

Saw this last night on tv. Great computer graphics. Very well done.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Arguably, the best Jtr doco to date.
    Christer's "Cross" dress up Conspiracy TV show was for me the most enjoyable to watch.
    dustymiller
    aka drstrange

Comment

I recorded it on the DVR. Haven't seen it yet, but I'm really looking forward to it.
      Bond. Greg Bond

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
        I recorded it on the DVR. Haven't seen it yet, but I'm really looking forward to it.
        Just remember to pause the programme for a minute when Lechmere appears. Otherwise you will see Robert Paul arriving together with Lechmere, and that was emphatically never the case.

If it was me, Iīd pause the programme for around nine minutes.

Thereīs also a lamp in the street opposite the Nichols murder spot, that should not be there.

Otherwise, it is a really good show with lots of atmosphere.
        Last edited by Fisherman; 06-22-2016, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
          Just remember to pause the programme for a minute when Lechmere appears. Otherwise you will see Robert Paul arriving together with Lechmere, and that was emphatically never the case.

If it was me, Iīd pause the programme for around nine minutes.

Thereīs also a lamp in the street opposite the Nichols murder spot, that should not be there.

Otherwise, it is a really good show with lots of atmosphere.
          I actually found it quite amateurish. It was by no means accurate with lighting and the graphics were just awful. The only way to enjoy it is to turn off the picture and leave the audio up.

Columbo

Comment

Yes the CGI is bad but this is amazing - whoever made this clearly did their research. It even casts doubt on Israel Schwartz and addresses things like the Chapman time of death controversy.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbo View Post
              I actually found it quite amateurish. It was by no means accurate with lighting and the graphics were just awful. The only way to enjoy it is to turn off the picture and leave the audio up.

Columbo
              Wow! Did we watch the same show...? The graphics were, I believe, made by Jake Luukanen, and he is generally held very high in regard - and for a reason, methinks.

Maybe I should up my demands somewhat...?

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                Wow! Did we watch the same show...? The graphics were, I believe, made by Jake Luukanen, and he is generally held very high in regard - and for a reason, methinks.

Maybe I should up my demands somewhat...?
                I might need to bring mine down. When they advertised it would be just like the real thing I was expecting a little more than green screen with high contrast. Like you said, the Lechmere part was not exactly accurate with alot of things. I just expected more.

Columbo

Comment

Originally posted by Columbo View Post
                  I might need to bring mine down. When they advertised it would be just like the real thing I was expecting a little more than green screen with high contrast. Like you said, the Lechmere part was not exactly accurate with alot of things. I just expected more.

Columbo
                  Yeah, I was totally dosappointed with the Lechmere part. Itīs a complete letdown, whatever one thinks of the rest. I keep asking myself how people could read the Lechmere material and come up with something so woefully lacking in veracity. But it is a huge material, and many things can slip.
                  Last edited by Fisherman; 06-30-2016, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Honestly, when in the leadup to the Chapman murder they showed a CGI recreation of a man sitting on a step and cutting leather off his shoe with a knife, I shrieked with delight and woke up my sleeping wife. How many other documents have RICHARDSON in them?

Comment

Thanks very much for this link. I watched Part One and about half of Part Two on my laptop last night before I got too tired. Will finish today. If one could remember everything that was brought up in this documentary, one would have a pretty fair background on JTR. It bears watching several times for that reason. I am enjoying this.

Comment

I enjoyed it very much, too. We saw the last third or so it recently on television, and my companion (a Ripper hobbyist who is not on Casebook) was impressed by it. It is excellent for placing the various victims and witnesses in context and helping to visualize the dry written accounts.
                        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                        ---------------
                        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                        ---------------

Comment

Hi all, was there supposedly an extended version of this documentary? Or did everyone see the 90-minute version only? This wiki page says the complete film was two and a half hours long. I recently bought the high-definition streaming version from Vudu for only 3 US dollar. It is the History Channel version for American TV with an American narrator. But it also runs 90 minutes only. I would like to see the long version with more of those CGI recreations. For those not impressed with the CGI, note that this film was made 5 years ago, which is quite a long time in computer technology.

Comment

Working...
                          X