Grimm episode "You Don't Know Jack"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grimm episode "You Don't Know Jack"

Aired May 1st 2015 as part one of the season finale of this police procedural meets urban horror fantasy series on NBC, the plot involves a series of murders of prostitutes in contemporary Seattle. The twist is that the prostitutes are also all Bessen (humanoid animals capable as appearing fully human to most people, but vulnerable to detection to a human called a "grimm". They note the Ripper similarities of the wounds, research JTR on the web, consult a volume of Grimm lore, and discover an 18th century Bessen hunter killed a strange man about 100 years prior to the Whitechapel murders.
    Hope next week's episode explains more of this mystery.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

I don't know the series but it sounds interesting.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      I don't know the series but it sounds interesting.
      I like it, GUT. Very atmospheric program, but some of my friends don't seem particularly taken with it.
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Part two was called "Headache", aired May 8, 2015

Saw the conclusion last night, and thought it was excellent. "Jack" was an evil spirit who had hitchiked his way out of wherever-he-was and had managed to take periodic possession of a regular character. Rather a nice riff on Jekyll and Hyde, too.
        They gave the Ripper a Cockney accent, which is apparently in keeping with current belief that he was of the local Whitechapel population.
        ---------------
        ---------------

Comment

It's an excellent series. My wife and I watch it faithfully. Interesting take on Jack the Ripper. A similar tack was used years ago in the original Star trek series when "Scotty" was accused of ripper like murders. Turned out he was possessed by an alien. In either case we still don't know Jack. (Sorry, the pun had to be said.)
          Neil "Those who forget History are doomed to repeat it." - Santayana

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeSergeant View Post
            It's an excellent series. My wife and I watch it faithfully. Interesting take on Jack the Ripper. A similar tack was used years ago in the original Star trek series when "Scotty" was accused of ripper like murders. Turned out he was possessed by an alien. In either case we still don't know Jack. (Sorry, the pun had to be said.)
            Hello, Yankee! Glad to hear you know the series and liked the episodes. And of course I remember "Wolf in the Fold" episode of Star Trek. "Hatred of women. Evil!" as Spock said, if I recall it right.
            ---------------
            ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
              Saw the conclusion last night, and thought it was excellent. "Jack" was an evil spirit who had hitchiked his way out of wherever-he-was and had managed to take periodic possession of a regular character. Rather a nice riff on Jekyll and Hyde, too.
              They gave the Ripper a Cockney accent, which is apparently in keeping with current belief that he was of the local Whitechapel population.
              Thanks Dunny, I'll try and track it down.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                Hello, Yankee! Glad to hear you know the series and liked the episodes. And of course I remember "Wolf in the Fold" episode of Star Trek. "Hatred of women. Evil!" as Spock said, if I recall it right.
                I believer the Ripper was captured and foiled by making the computer calculate Pi to the last digit.
                The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Hi Errata

It's all rather fuzzy now, but I seem to remember an episode where an adolescent boy comes on board, and soon reveals that he has telekinetic powers and various other capabilities. Unfortunately he is very immature and throws dangerous tantrums if things don't go his way. At one point, he takes over the Enterprise's computers and runs the ship himself. Kirk asks Spock to give the computers so much work to do, that the young man's mind can't keep up and has to relinquish control. Spock tells the computer to calculate the value of Pi (but not to the last digit since there is no last digit).

I think at the end it emerges that the young man was adopted by aliens, and he is returned to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                    Hi Errata

It's all rather fuzzy now, but I seem to remember an episode where an adolescent boy comes on board, and soon reveals that he has telekinetic powers and various other capabilities. Unfortunately he is very immature and throws dangerous tantrums if things don't go his way. At one point, he takes over the Enterprise's computers and runs the ship himself. Kirk asks Spock to give the computers so much work to do, that the young man's mind can't keep up and has to relinquish control. Spock tells the computer to calculate the value of Pi (but not to the last digit since there is no last digit).

I think at the end it emerges that the young man was adopted by aliens, and he is returned to them.
                    Yes, that was a first season episode called "Charlie", and it scared the heck out of me when I saw the woman with no mouth (Charlie made it go away because she had talked too much or laughed at him or something.)
                    ---------------
                    ---------------

Comment

Working...
                    X