Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haha!

Comment

• Blimey, there's a photo of Aberlime but none of Abberline.
      Christopher T. George
      Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
      just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
      For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
      RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

• is it he...?

Heres the guy everyone thinks is Abberline. I think he's a good match, but have issues with his chin, still, ive fixed up a pic a bit you to see if it was possible to support the idea. Some artistic license here...
        Attached Files

Comment

• It's very interesting to take into account all the various depicitions of Abberline and how none of them seem to bear any resemblance towards one another.

Comment

• Height is likely to be more or less a constant, even if facial hair is not. When he joined the Metropolitan Police, three days before his 20th birthday, Abberline was described as being 5ft 9 and a half inches tall. I'm not sure what the height restriction was in the Met at the time, but it was a minimum of 5' 10" in many forces. That should make Abberline one of the shorter officers in any photo, I would have thought, but I'm open to challenge on that. If we can identify any of the officers whose height is known standing next to him in a photo it may help to eliminate that individual (or otherwise) as a possible FGA.

Regards, Bridewell.
            I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aberlime View Post
              Heres the guy everyone thinks is Abberline. I think he's a good match, but have issues with his chin, still, ive fixed up a pic a bit you to see if it was possible to support the idea. Some artistic license here...
              Please refer back to page 3 (post 27) of this thread. I do not agree that the photo you have posted is the current favorite for Abberline.

RH

Comment

• Originally posted by robhouse View Post
                Please refer back to page 3 (post 27) of this thread. I do not agree that the photo you have posted is the current favorite for Abberline.

RH
                I certainly prefer the one on page 3...
                http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

• Can You do another one?

Sam Flynn
                  I like what you did. However, I noticed while the original that you cut off a bit of his left shoulder. I believer the shoulder is a little higher. Here is example of what I mean:

I saw a more smoother image:

General discussion about anything Ripper related that does not fall into a specific sub-category. On topic-Ripper related posts only.

I wonder if you could so kind to do what you did abstract him from the picture and reconstruct the face, hat and right shoulder, based on an assumed symmetrywith this image.
                  Attached Images
                  Attached Files

Comment

• That's a very small image but looks to compare well with the few sketched images in contemporary press reports. What mitigates against it being Abberline, for me, is the fact that he's not central to the photograph. The police service is rank conscious and I would expect to see the more senior officers (as Abberline was) taking centre stage. As no photograph has been found in police files I suspect that any photograph of Abberline - if there is one - will turn up either in a family archive or somewhere in Bournemouth.

Comment

• The chap on the left of ( aberlime's) photo .. is holding onto a cane that seems to resemble the cane that Aberline received on his retirement ..
                      but my visual memory may well be a bit distorted .

moonbegger

Comment

• Hi Moon

Can't agree I'm afraid...the Abberline presentation walking stick seems to have a good deal more, quite prominent, vine-based decoration down the length of the shaft.

All the best

Dave

Comment

• OK ,

Cheers Dave , for some reason I had it my mind that it had a nobly wooden shaft ... must have been Pinocchio

moonbegger

Comment

• Uniformed police officers of or above the rank of Inspector are issued with canes as part of their uniform. This detective officer though (assuming that's what he is) looks to be carrying a walking stick

Comment

Working...
                            X