Mad Men- Degrees of Separation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
    Hello Mike. Once again, our thinking seems to converge. (Are you worried yet?)

I have a difficult time envisioning a glassy-eyed, frenzied chap. If I'm wrong, then sure, "pouncing" would need to be his MO, else how explain a prostitute's ease with him?

Do you think a sociopath like Peterson would be fruitful as a model?

The best.
    LC
    Im assuming you mean Scott Peterson, and other than the fact that he is middle class, thats maybe a good type to use to compare. In that, he never showed outwardly that he was even capable of what he did to his wife.

Cheers mate

Comment

lynn

your point about the 'pouncing' may be correct.however the way the ripper would have killed them even with them aware of his presence is possible.the ripper was either way a very skilled liguistic.he knew how to talk smooth and convince women to trust him.he was very easy to be around(untill he killed them of coarse)and probally waited till the victem lowered their defenses and became comfortable with him.how else do you explain in kellys case,her door being locked?her cloths neatly folded on a chain(without any blood on them),and the state of her position?my best guess is kelly may have known and maybe fallen asleep with the ripper not knowing his true intentions.

just some thoughts
      Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

preference

Hi Corey! Well, I am not a big fan of a stealth/pouncing ripper. I merely adduce such to account for some possible facts.

So, for instance, if Jack were suspicious looking, he MIGHT fall within that category.

The best.
        LC

Comment

Stealthy

Lynn,

Yes neither am I but that theory is very interesting. And a good point if he WAS suspicous looking then it would be very plausable for a 'stealth' ripper.
          Do you have any senerios where this theory can play out well???

yours truly
          Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Mike, Lynn, Corey,Barnaby..

And here I admit to being on dodgy ground, but I see also links to ADHD, Aspergers Syndrome, various compulsive disorders, Borderline syndrome and others. Mike, yes the 90% of the time thing is a well judged call, and I agree.
            Because behaviour as our Jack (s) is absolutely a sudden bulid up, over a long time, if that makes sense?

best wishes

Phil
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
            Accountability? ....

Comment

NK

Hello Corey. I was thinking of Nathan Kaminski (David Cohen).

The best.
              LC

Comment

diagnoses

Hello Phil. Perhaps Asperger's--I wonder if that fits Roslyn D'Onston? But I wonder about ADHD. I have had many students with that diagnosis and have had few difficulties with them. Of course, only a few with a diagnosis of schizophrenia become rippers either, for that matter.

The best.
                LC

Comment

Hello Lynn,

As you may know, I work with ADHD and aspergers( amongst other things) in children. From my limited experience and knowledge, and again, I am on dodgy ground here, I recall going to a conferance where a fellow from Sweden regarded as a "world leading" in this field said they are interlinked in certain cases. I may be recalling wrongly though.

What I do know is probably the same as you, that one of the difficulties in this field is the development of additional mental difficuties that seemingly appear in addition to the main diagnosis.

I bow to superior knowledge though... am uncertain of this, linking it to murderers.

best wishes

Phil
                  Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Adhd

Lynn,

I can tell you now that from personal experiance(I have ADHD) that persons with the disorder ADHD very immensly in difficulties. They have very many rangs of the disorder in how it may effect the person. As I have the disorder when it was in full force(ages 5-10)I sometimes had the thought of suicide, but NEVER ever murder. I personally dont belive it is likely that someone suffering from the disorder ADHD is likely to become murderous.

yours truly
                    Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Corey,

Thank you..re murderers.

As I said, I am relatively poorly versed re these conditions and murder.

best wishes

Phil
                      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

overview

The disorder ADHD(attention deffasit hyperactive disorder(spelling?)) is usually found in kids around the ages of 4-16. the person with ADHD may experiance intense mood swings,thoughts of suicide,hyperactivness,jumpyness, acting on impulse instead of thinking, and many other factors. The person with ADHD usually controls it after adulthood. Which it wears down and maybe even goes away with no trait of ever possesing the disorder. Which makes it highly improbable that a man of 30-40 to still possess those ADHD traits and even so becoming murderous. It just doesnt work out that way.

yours truly
                        Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Corey,

If, and I say if, our murderer developed additonal syndromes, or as we know today, already had them without definition, then the anger and violence part of the make up could have been triggered by this, and not ADHD..for example.

best wishes

Phil
                          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Highly possible

Yes if the Whitechapel murderer did possess another disorder, say paranoid schiztaphrenia perhaps, then maybe a sudden change or tragedy in his life may have indeed triggered the anger and violence, which leads him to murder those women. The question is what may have happened so drammaticaly to trigger those symptoms? I might go throught the suspects profiles to see if any of them have had any dramatic changes before the murders began(C5).

yours truly
                            Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                              Hello Corey. I was thinking of Nathan Kaminski (David Cohen).

The best.
                              LC
                              I think a very likely man to have been mixed up in these killings Lynn. And he would fit some of the asylum information senior officers suggested about the killer.

All the best.

Comment

Truly

More than half of the suspects are of lunnatic origens which makes most of them unlikely to be the ripper.

Perrymanson or any of you do you know any good books on cycology??

yours truly
                                Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Working...
                                X