Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the podcasts?

Hi,
    I am beginning to suffer withdrawal symptoms, there has'nt been a new podcast for ages...Is there anymore planned ?

Hello Spyglass,

In all respect, activity casebook related, aside from the Examiner, has been lacking. I suppose this is all due to the recent events, no doubt. It has been a very testing month. I have also noticed the migration of many of the former casebook posters to whereabouts unknown.

Perhaps things will soon pick up speed.
    Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by corey123 View Post
        It has been a very testing month.
        Has it? I must have dozed off. As to people coming and going from the boards, that has always happened. Usually, the good ones come back eventually. We all have other demands on our time.

Comment

Hello Maurice,

I suppose it must be me? Oh well, yes I am sure they will come back, hopefully. If they don't, well again, oh well.
          Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

I realize that coming up with new ideas is hard. I suggest 30 minute pod casts with active researchers on casebook so ideas for progressing our understanding can be aired to a wide audience. Discussions on where the frontiers of understanding are and how they could be expanded. It could also serve as a platform for organizing Ripper cloud research. Dave
            We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Given that the podcasts are done in spare time, with a transatlantic board, in a refined field, it does seem that there is only a limited amount of subjects that can be found for discussion on the Ripper. However, having said that, the Rippercast has been going for a while and it may be time, if I am allowed a humble suggestion, for a "Jumping on Point" for newer members of the community. I would suggest one or two subjects that might be worth a revisist, to welcome new members of the community and to act as a catch up on the newer information that you may have missed if you dont buy each book or read the Examiner:
              1) A nice basic overview of the case.
              2) A brief look at the non-canonical murders and why they were assumed to have been the Ripper.
              3) A brief history of Ripper theories in print. (You have no idea how useful this would be even if it only stuck to the "key" theories).
              4) Every six months or so do a review show for the books and films released in that period.

Er, sorry, I have no idea of the mechanics of making a podcast, so there is a good chance those ideas are completely useless and worthless. But if by some miracle any of them are useful, feel free to filch them. (Let's face it, there is no other way my particular brand of buffoonery and gormlessness will ever prove useful...)
              There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

I have only just found this site after rekindling my interest in the subject. The podcasts are excellent but I have nearly listened to them all now. I actually had to go out and buy an Ipod so as I could listen to them away from my computer. I have gleaned no end of new information from them. I hope that they continue to be made.

Comment

Apparently a new podcast has been recorded and is in editing. Good news indeed!

Comment

Working...
                  X