Vote Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote Here

Please vote your opinion as to the true facts of the murder of Emma Smith.
    A gang of men
    70.97%
    Jack the Ripper
    6.45%
    Someone else
    6.45%
    A gang of men which included Jack the Ripper
    16.13%

The poll is expired.

Sink the Bismark

Thanks Roy,

I went with option 4. That doesn't mean that it's an over 50% chance with me, just that it rates higher than the other 3 choices in my view. All four choices are pretty good ones.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

If I was going to rank the choices in order of likelihood, I'd say 4, 3 (probably someone she knew), 1 and 2.

Stan Reid

Comment

I have gone for Jack the Ripper, based on the nature of the injury targetting the abdomen and private parts.

Comment

I'm sitting on the fence, Roy. (I don't recommend that!) I went for numero four, because I think we could be dealing with proto-Jack.
          "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

This case is such an enigmatic one that there are good arguments for and against all four options.

Stan Reid

Comment

I had to vote a simple gang of men. I have no real evidence to assume Emma was lying. Of course A gang of men that included JTR would be my next choice.

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                This case is such an enigmatic one that there are good arguments for and against all four options.
                No doubt. No wonder why Abberline turned to drugs!

Comment

A gang of men for me.

...that's what I voted, not a request
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Voted for a gang of men.

The attack against Emma looks like some pimps wanted to make an example of her and one of them went too far with his "punishment".

I don't think that our Jack was among them but perhaps what he heard about the incident on the streets excited or inspired him in one sick way or another.
                    ~ All perils, specially malignant, are recurrent - Thomas De Quincey ~

Comment

I'm going for Jack, saying that he attacked three Emmas and three ears.

Comment

I voted for a gang of men because to my knowledge, Emma didn't have a reason to lie. My second choice would have been a gang of men that included JtR.

Comment

Please vote
                          Attached Files
                          Sink the Bismark

Comment

Emma

I have to say she was attacked by a gang of men. I doubt Jack would get involved in something requiring others keeping their mouths shut. Someone was sending her a message and the other women inthe are as well but it wasn't Jack the ripper. (in my humble opinion). Neil
                            Neil "Those who forget History are doomed to repeat it." - Santayana

Comment

Do we know about other prostitues "punished" in the same manner?
                              In fact, it does not seem a "punishment" (Emma said they have followed her, but they were not waiting for her).

Comment

Working...
                              X