Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 911 Operator Accused of Hanging Up on Thousands of Calls

c.d.

Wow, one would think that's some type of offence.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

"Police said when Williams was questioned in June 2016, she told them she often hangs up on calls because she didn't want to talk with anyone at that time."

Yeah, I can see that. Everyone needs some "me" time every once in awhile. You know quality time alone.

c.d.

Comment

If we're talking dickish 911 operators, listen to the one who received the Josh Powell case: https://youtu.be/qrfqCGeDXXE. This arrogant schmuck wastes time asking the social worker inane questions, all the while Josh Powell is murdering his own sons with a hatchet and getting ready to blow the house up.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
          If we're talking dickish 911 operators, listen to the one who received the Josh Powell case: https://youtu.be/qrfqCGeDXXE. This arrogant schmuck wastes time asking the social worker inane questions, all the while Josh Powell is murdering his own sons with a hatchet and getting ready to blow the house up.
          I don't know if you have seen it, but back in the 1950s there was a very funny "black comedy" from Great Britain, "The Green Man" regarding an assassin for hire (Alistair Sim), his target (Raymond Huntley at his most self important), an accidental pursuer of the assassin (George Cole), and a local trying to make a good sex "pick-up" at the country inn, hotel that is the planned site of the assassination (Terry-Thomas). In the beginning, Sim has to silence a witness, but Cole keeps popping up to cause additional vexatious delays. Finally Sim manages to get going to his target's location, but Cole has found the young woman Sim has rendered unconscious. Cole calls up for assistance to the local hospital, and the idiot on the other end (despite Cole explaining it's an emergency) asks if the woman is enrolled under the National Health Plan! Cole's dry response is a peach: "That was not the first question I asked her when she came to!!"

I saw the news item tonight about this women in Texas. Although her very selfish behavior caused at least one death (she hung up on the report of a robbery at a jewelry store that resulted in the death of a clerk), so far all that is being done is she was fired, and the police charged her with a misdemeanor about not reporting calls.

Jeff

Comment

Hi Jeff

Yes, the doctor is Richard Wattis and Cole has to leave a fee on the mantel piece to get him to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
              Hi Jeff

Yes, the doctor is Richard Wattis and Cole has to leave a fee on the mantel piece to get him to attend.
              You're right. Just love that film. The scene where the bomb is momentarily interfered with at the hotel is a honey as well.

Jeff

Comment

I love that scene where Sim is in the lounge when suddenly a musical trio starts performing - the contortions his face goes through.

The landlord of the hotel is Arthur Brough, who later played Mr Grainger in 'Are You Being Served?'

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                  I love that scene where Sim is in the lounge when suddenly a musical trio starts performing - the contortions his face goes through.

The landlord of the hotel is Arthur Brough, who later played Mr Grainger in 'Are You Being Served?'
                  The trio (I seem to recall), which is a string trio, is made up of three fifty-five and up year old ladies.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                    The trio (if I am correct) is three fifty-five or above ladies playing string instruments (one a cello), and they are playing it when Sim finally flees the hotel pursued by Cole.

Ah yes, dear Mr. Granger - "The sleeves will lengthen with wear!"

Jeff

SORRY THE MESSAGE GOT REPEATED DUE TO SOME CONFUSION ON THE SITE
                    Last edited by Mayerling; 10-14-2016, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Hi Jeff

Two strings and a piano, if I recall correctly.

Yes, all three are getting on a bit, but he has to get them out of the lounge so he feigns interest in them and buys them a drink at the bar.

Comment

I think I am going to have to buy a DVD of this old film. Was it a black comedy, of the Ealing type? It sounds excellent.

It's one I haven't seen.

As for that operator who hung up on emergency calls - I'm speechless.
                        This is simply my opinion

Comment

More comedy than black, I think, Louisa. Sim plays a professional assassin who retires during the war, as there was 'too much competition.' Once peace is restored he's hired to kill a cabinet minister. An inquisitive girlfriend and a vacuum cleaner salesman are the fly in the ointment. Wonderful film.

Comment

Working...
                          X