RIP Aaron Pryor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Aaron Pryor

It again sadness me to announce the passing of another boxing immortal, and a friend, Aaron "The Hawk" Prior....anyone who watched boxing in the 1980's will never forget the champ as one of the most exciting fighters of all time, voted the greatest Jr. Welterweight of all time...who will forever be remembered for his wins over the great Alexis Arguello...
    in a career cut short due to drug addiction, Pryor managed to not only gain the respect of the boxing historians, but after his career, regained his own self respect and that of many others by not only beating his addiction, but then spending the rest of his life as an anti drug activist...
    Over the years, I was lucky enough to get to know the champ, and will always admire all he did, in and out of the ring.....and personally, for as long as I live, whenever anyone asks me "What time is it"....my first thought will be "It's Hawk Time!!!"
    Peace be with you my friend

Steadmund Brand
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

So sad. RIp.

Sorry for your loss mate.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Glad to see he was able to turn his life around and create a useful second career.

Jeff

Comment

RIP Hawk. what a warrior.

Comment

Working...
        X