Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Night to remember- Heroes and Miracles

Hello all,

As most of you know, I am a passionate and lifelong Chelsea supporter.
    i have watched thousands of matches and must say I have never experienced such a game as last night's game.
    Ten men went to mow, went to mow the NOU CAMP-
    AND AGAINST ALL ODDS, under the most incredible pressure, put Barcelona out of the competition to reach the Champions League Final.
    2-0 nil down. 1 man down, both centre backs out of the game and not only did we close the door but fought back to 2-2 in Barcelonas own back yard.

Roberto Di Matteo said it best- there is something in the ckubs DNA- we never give up when all the odds are against us.

Psst! Chelsea have NEVER, EVER lost a match against Real Madrid- including 3 European finals.we dont mind playing in Munich either!

What a game- what a team of never say die men. The miracle of NOU Camp isn ow a fact.

vero happily

Phil
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
    Hello all,

As most of you know, I am a passionate and lifelong Chelsea supporter.
    i have watched thousands of matches and must say I have never experienced such a game as last night's game.
    Ten men went to mow, went to mow the NOU CAMP-
    AND AGAINST ALL ODDS, under the most incredible pressure, put Barcelona out of the competition to reach the Champions League Final.
    2-0 nil down. 1 man down, both centre backs out of the game and not only did we close the door but fought back to 2-2 in Barcelonas own back yard.

Roberto Di Matteo said it best- there is something in the ckubs DNA- we never give up when all the odds are against us.

Psst! Chelsea have NEVER, EVER lost a match against Real Madrid- including 3 European finals.we dont mind playing in Munich either!

What a game- what a team of never say die men. The miracle of NOU Camp isn ow a fact.

vero happily

Phil
    Hi Phil

Im a Liverpool fan, die hard and red to the bone. Have to say it was an amazing performance, massive credit to Chelsea, the players and especially Di Matteo. Their tactics were spot on and played out to perfection. I went to Istanbul for the 2005 final and i can honestly say it was unrivalled for me.....but last night came very close. Get to the final if you can, winning that cup is something else. Got a feeling its gonna be something special that night, cant make my decision who will win but i think your players missing will be a majo loss. Congratulations anyway, you deserved to win against united in 09 so maybe this time its gonna be a blue success....

regards

Jason

Comment

Hi Phil,

I was thrilled to see Chelsea pull off such a magnificent win against the odds. As a nipper, way back in the Peter Osgood days, I used to follow Chelsea. However, as an east Londoner, born and bred, I realised the error of my ways and at the age of 14 started to follow Leyton Orient. I have now lived in Peterborough for 23 years and as someone who likes to watch live football, I am now a die-hard POSH fan but still like to see my old favourites do well.

Julie

Comment

Don't get your hopes up!

Comment

after seeing BM last night, Chelsea will be well pushed to get a result.....but only beacuse they will have good players missing....and plus the final is in the BM stadium......but its a one off match and funny things happen...i know, i was in Istanbul in 2005.....we were the best team for about 10 minutes of the 120......Man u were the best team in injury time in 99.....got mullered for the 90 before that....both LFc and MU still won....take heart Chelsea...if your name is on it !!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
            after seeing BM last night, Chelsea will be well pushed to get a result.....but only beacuse they will have good players missing....and plus the final is in the BM stadium......but its a one off match and funny things happen...i know, i was in Istanbul in 2005.....we were the best team for about 10 minutes of the 120......Man u were the best team in injury time in 99.....got mullered for the 90 before that....both LFc and MU still won....take heart Chelsea...if your name is on it !!
            Hello all,

Great replies... I will say one thing.. Chelsea are going to think they can beat anyone in their own back yard if they can do what they did to Barcelona in their own back yard.. 2.0 down, 10 v 11, and not a cats hope in hells chance.. but still claw back to 2-2 with two right backs as centre back, a penalty against us..against the World's best football team. Err.. if Chelsea played poorly.. how bad did Barca play? We gave them the ball and what did they do with it? Back and Forth, back and forth.. to quote Cameo..lol

Bayern have 3 key players suspended too.. one back and one centre back included.. It is going to be fun.

To the tune of Dad's Army, heard being sung in Barcelona after the match..

"Who did you think you were kidding Guardiola
            If you think we're on the run
            We are the Blues that have stopped your little game
            We are the Blues who just made you think again
            So who did you think you were kidding Guardiola
            If you think we cut and run?"

Christian,, I hate to say this my friend... but when THIS bunch land back in London on May 20th, they will not just have some piece of paper to wave in the air after visiting Munich.... it will be a trophy.. and the agreement will be simple. "Carefree.. it's our time" as opposed to "Peace in our time".. LOL

best wishes

Phil
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

great thing for chelsea and something they can never take away from you is this.....THE 1ST AND ONLY TEAM IN LONDON TO BE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE.....got to be worth an extra incentive ?

Comment

Hello Jason,

Well- its simple. We walked into the Lions Den and after the first game at the Bridge said "What's NOU Pussycat?", so anudder Puddytatt in its own back yard wont frighten Chelsea!
                Rutd Gullitt said we had an angel sitting on the crossbar, actually it was Spot, the dog, who went to mow the Nou Camp with the 10 men and started barking at Messi and Co.
                Barcalona forgot that the symbol on our club crest is a lion rampant.
                Now THAT'S OUR Pussycat...

Guardiola was thrown to the lion. Heynkes' team could be in for a surprise on 19th May. Our Pussycat doesnt like sauerkraut. And Spot the "underdog" will be there to help mow THAT meadow given the chance- and we have that chance..a very real chance.

Wonder what tactics Heynkes THINKS we will use this time? We destroyed Napoli with brilliant attacking play, confused Benfica with long ball and posession football, demoralised Barcelona into playing "Back and Forth" ping pong and we did a boomarang comback Rolf Harris would be proud of! Time to tie the Bayern Kangeroo down, sport!

This team has spirit- in spades. Which shows we have no axe to grind. Di Matteo has dug Chelsea out of a hole this season- and Chelsea are now a force to be reckoned with.

Best wishes

Phil
                Last edited by Phil Carter; 04-27-2012, 02:48 AM.
                Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

i think Di Matteo should get you in the dressing room beforehand to tell them why they will win ! .........if you pull it off then fair play to Chelsea because winning in the others sides home stadium is not to be played down, we did it in Rome in 84 and to me that is still our most amazing result in euro finals.....all the best to Chelsea........I heard Di Matteos final statement pre match is going to be this ......"at Phils command, unleash hell !"

Comment

Hello Jason,

Yup- you KNEW a post would pop up after the FA Cup Final- Chelsea 2 Liverpool 1..
                    Fair do's to Liverpool who made game of it- but in the end the better team won.

Spot, the dog sat on the crossbar at Wembley too- and no- the WHOLE of the ball didnt cross the line...

This team has real spirit. We came- we saw- we conquered. That is, after all, the ROMAN way!

Mow that meadow!

Best wishes

Phil
                    Last edited by Phil Carter; 05-05-2012, 07:26 PM.
                    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Working...
                    X