No announcement yet.

Case of most interest besides JtR poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amelia Earhart- I remember an episode of the old show "Unsolved Mysteries" hosted by Robert Stack that had an account of someone witnessing her being executed by the Japanese, and the burning of her plane. It was years ago, can't recall all the particulars. Also, there is a new movie about her coming out soon starring Hillary Swank.
    What a load of crap! Anyone with even the slightest genuine knowledge of Amelia Earhart will know that because of radio malfunction she couldn't receive messages (but could send them), flew off course, and came down on Gardner Island. She and Fred Noonan may have been killed outright, or they may have been seriously injured and survived for a short time. To find out more go to www.ameliaearhart.com and learn.

She was a nice piece, too...

Graham
    We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post

Ah, that explains everything. She and Fred bumped the controls while becoming charter members of the Mile High Club.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

I haven't heard anything lately so I guess Zodiac is unsolved again.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
          Ah, that explains everything. She and Fred bumped the controls while becoming charter members of the Mile High Club.
          Hi Stan,

Only just seen this post....yeah, that occurred to me, too. Well, you never know, do you? Her old man wasn't what you'd call pre-possessing....

Cheers,

Graham
          We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Me again, Stan.

I just read a book by Colin Wilson (no, don't laugh...) and he said that the Zodiac Case was solved when some guy confessed and sent details that only the killer would know. If you're at all interested (and if you're not, I won't blame you) I could dig the book out and tell more.

Cheers,

Graham

Comment

Hi Graham,

No need to go to any trouble. If you happen to run across the name some time, you can tell me who if you wish. I don't disrespect Wilson but sometimes I wonder where he's coming from.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                What a load of crap! Anyone with even the slightest genuine knowledge of Amelia Earhart will know that because of radio malfunction she couldn't receive messages (but could send them), flew off course, and came down on Gardner Island. She and Fred Noonan may have been killed outright, or they may have been seriously injured and survived for a short time. To find out more go to www.ameliaearhart.com and learn.

Graham
                Gee, she came down on Gardner. Did they fine her plane or her remains on Gardner? What you do not know is that I know the truth. Earhart was killed by Nazi's during a failed rescue attempt by Indiana Jones.

The tone of your post, I have read a few, are awful. Sometimes your post are crap.

Regards

Brad

Comment

I have to vote for the JFK Assassination.

But I'm fascinated by the bizarre Thames/Torso Murders (as I think Mike mentioned early on) and especially by all the mysteries surrounding the Murders of the Romanovs & of Rasputin c.1916-1918.

Best regards, Archaic

Comment

Over the years I have developed an interest in Victorian murders notably the Maybrick murder (not as any connection to the Ripper case but as a case in its own right), the Constance Kent case of 1860(I would highly reccommend Bernard Taylors book Cruelly Murdered),the Madelaine Smith case of 1857 and I would also like to find more about the murder of little Georgina Moore of 1882 although I have only been able to find one account of this- also by Bernard Taylor.
                    Last edited by brummie; 05-20-2009, 09:53 PM. Reason: typing error

Comment

• Yes, Georgina Moore is certainly a classic. I always wondered if it might be connected with the Ham Vanishings.

Stan Reid

Comment

• As for unsolved child murders in England during the 1880s, you also have John Gill in 1888 who, although it was quite a stretch, was briefly mentioned as a possible JtR slaying. With Gill, Moore and the Vanishings, wonder if we had a roving serial child killer along the lines of a William Guatney.

Stan Reid

Comment

• With Moore and at least one of the Vanishings, the last person seen with the victim was an unknown woman.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I see where Dr. Nick Warren is calling for DNA testing regarding the Thames Nudes case so perhaps that one will be solved soon - SUUUURE!

Stan Reid

Comment

• I wonder how many might actually be more interested in another case than they are in JtR.

Stan Reid

Comment

• What case on the list do you think is the most unworthy? Also, why? New Orleans Axeman is the only one without a vote but that only means it's not your #1 before or after JtR.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X