Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
    Favored suspect have nothing to do with accepting or rejecting profiling. I have given the reasons why profiling is not to be relied upon, and that it is at times nothing more than guess work by those who profess to be experts and researchers like you are sadly raken in by it.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
    I'm am also talking the apron piece and geographic profiling together. Not only do you reject geographic profiling in this case, but you also reject hard evidence (which we have very little of) like Eddowes bloody apron piece on Goulston Street. You guessed that it isn't dropped by JtR, but there isn't a shred of evidence to support that guess at all. This has all the hallmarks of fitting a suspect to some evidence and not all the evidence. Throwing out evidence to make a suspect fit tends to have big problems in courtrooms Trevor. That is why this gets hashed out in establishing what the evidence is admissible or not for 'discovery'. In this case, the bloody apron piece located away from the crime is inculpatory evidence. It would be used against someone charged with being JtR.

There are zero contemporary sources rejecting the bloody apron piece being dumped by JtR, but a few rejecting the graffiti.

You hold a very controversial position on this one and the geographic profile doesn't help you.
    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
      I'm am also talking the apron piece and geographic profiling together. Not only do you reject geographic profiling in this case, but you also reject hard evidence (which we have very little of) like Eddowes bloody apron piece on Goulston Street. You guessed that it isn't dropped by JtR, but there isn't a shred of evidence to support that guess at all. This has all the hallmarks of fitting a suspect to some evidence and not all the evidence. Throwing out evidence to make a suspect fit tends to have big problems in courtrooms Trevor. That is why this gets hashed out in establishing what the evidence is admissible or not for 'discovery'. In this case, the bloody apron piece located away from the crime is inculpatory evidence. It would be used against someone charged with being JtR.

There are zero contemporary sources rejecting the bloody apron piece being dumped by JtR, but a few rejecting the graffiti.

You hold a very controversial position on this one and the geographic profile doesn't help you.
      Controversy is not a bad thing, it makes people tremble behind their rose tinted spectacles.

Comment

Controversy is not a bad thing, it makes people tremble behind their rose tinted spectacles.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
        Thanks for telling us the colour of your glasses. Explains this odd situation you are presenting of a bloody apron piece blowing its way by wind up to Goulston St.

Ghost maybe? JtR a very violent poltergeist?

Comment

Thanks for telling us the colour of your glasses. Explains this odd situation you are presenting of a bloody apron piece blowing its way by wind up to Goulston St.

Ghost maybe? JtR a very violent poltergeist?
          You have a very vivid imagination, as your posts throughout this thread to date reveal.

Comment

You have a very vivid imagination, as your posts throughout this thread to date reveal.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
            12 pieces white rag, some slightly bloodstained.

These were found on Eddowes belongings. 12 pieces.

Yet you opine she ripped a piece of her own apron off and used it as a sanitary pad instead.

Just walking around with a big piece of apron ripped off despite a pocket full of white rags.

And gets poop on the rag too.

And just happens to discard it next to some anti-semitic graffiti.

Which happens to also be aligned with the geographic profile.

Did she write that also while she was engaged in changing her sanitary conditions?

Not to mention the complete omission of menstruating in the autopsy report.

Who has the vivid imagination now?

Also you need Long to be wrong about not seeing the apron piece.

All sorts of revisionism here going on me thinks.
            Last edited by Batman; 10-20-2018, 09:28 AM.

Comment

All sorts of revisionism here going on me thinks.
              Too many unknowns make it difficult to be sure how to interpret what information is available.

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post
                Once you have a suspect to which you have pinned your colours, evidence or information which challenges that suspect's guilt is reviewed with bias, either consciously or unconsciously. That's not to say the challenges are incorrect, but often unproveable and start from the point of - how can we discredit the information and keep my theory intact.
                Yeah. The geographic profile doesn't work on the basis of selecting Tabram and Nichols and then plotting out a hot zone around them and then expanding out to the murders. It gives us Tabram and Nicholas by plotting the murder sites and then looking where the hot zone is. Which seems to be the exact opposite of trying to pound a square suspect through a triangular hole.

This is why it is genuine. This is why it is a clue. A lead.

Eddowes apron in relation to Mitre-square lining up with the geographic novel can only result in astonishment for the deniers. They might be saying one thing on here, but you can sure this whole situation is now occupying space in their heads. It won't go away quickly... if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post
                  Too many unknowns make it difficult to be sure how to interpret what information is available.
                  Sure, loads of unknowns, but we can work with what we do know, just like in real life. We know some things and not others.

Some of that known data is in the geographic profile and look at what it gives us. Tabram and Nichols. We know about them also so this is a good place to be.

There are obvious connections here.

Eddowes apron piece solidifies that.

JtR was likely heading off to the same hot zone.

He is there and more importantly, he doesn't have a clue about geographic profiling at all. It's 1888. These early cases are the best place to try these tools because offenders aren't as forensically aware as we are today.

Comment

Some of that known data is in the geographic profile and look at what it gives us. Tabram and Nichols.
                    The geographic profile doesn't even tell us that Tabram was definitely a Ripper victim, never mind that there's a specific connection between her and Nichols.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                      The geographic profile doesn't even tell us that Tabram was definitely a Ripper victim, never mind that there's a specific connection between her and Nichols.
                      A geographic profile isn't supposed to predict anything definite. It's a tool. A means to an end. Like using a sniffer dog. It's statistical. Sometimes the dog signals and forensics goes into look. Sometimes forensics finds something. Sometimes it doesn't. Hit or miss. However, you go look when it signals.

The geographic profiling is sending out signals from the hot zone.

Here we have the absolutely stunning fact that a hot zone which is not supposed to predict anything other than an area where nothing much is happening from which the offender radiates out from, isn't empty at all.

In fact, it has a homicide close to it and is smack on top of a very small area of interest to JtR researchers.

That is significant. Not insignificant.

Imagine today we do a geographic profile of some cold case and find that hot zone lands very near a homicide people thought might or might not be connected. The geographic profile points at it being related.

More importantly, the murder of Tabram can explain all the others murders occurring away from her. They radiate out around from her.

There is a very good reason for this. That the radiating out from Tabram was done deliberately in order to move the attention away from this area.

This is just another piece that adds to the criteria for why Tabram is a JtR victim. The victimology is there. Now we have more evidence pointing at her being a JtR victim. It all adds up.

Nothing is pointing away from this finding. Like nothing at all. The only criticism appears to be that some people's suspects don't fit here, so they don't like it. They are welcome to that, but obviously, it doesn't make these findings grow legs and run away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post

The geographic profiling is sending out signals from the hot zone.
                        Considering this "hot zone" of yours Batman what's your opinion of Maybrick as a candidate for the murders?

Comment

• Originally posted by Observer View Post
                          Considering this "hot zone" of yours Batman what's your opinion of Maybrick as a candidate for the murders?
                          Oh my God! Trying to combine a "hot zone" argument with a Maybrick argument into one thread? Observer, you should be banned for life.

c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by Observer View Post

The third ripper book I ever read was that diary. Here are my views. When I first read about the diary's existence, when it was making news, I think a few ripperlogists made a prediction, that if the diary was a fake, that the front pages of the diary will be torn out.

This indicates that someone has bought a used diary from the period, rips out the front pages and then proceeds to write a new diary. This is standard forgery stuff and makes it easy to identify as a forgery. It is also why unused diaries are much more expensive.

Low and behold, Maybrick's diary has a bunch of front pages missing. Which points to it being a fake.

So the diary becomes more than a little suspect when you learn that...

... however a fake Hitler diary doesn't mean Hitler wasn't leader of the Nazi party, right?

So diary aside, what do we have on James Maybrick to associate him with JtR and Whitechapel.

The pocket watch? I can't even make out where it say "I am Jack".

Can you see it?

Are there elements in the diary alluding to the hot zone?
                            Last edited by Batman; 10-20-2018, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                              Oh my God! Trying to combine a "hot zone" argument with a Maybrick argument into one thread? Observer, you should be banned for life.

c.d.
                              Haha. I just thought I'd add to the jollity c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post

Are there elements in the diary alluding to the hot zone?
                                Off the top of my head Maybrick had dealings with a firm in the Minories, and I believe it has been suggested that he had lodgings in Middlesex Street. Don't quote me though, I could be wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X