Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Mary Jane Kelly: Mary Kellys Inquest - by John Savage 2 hours ago.
General Discussion: Mug Shots from 1908-1911 - by Simon Wood 2 hours ago.
General Suspect Discussion: Favorite suspect/s? - by Herlock Sholmes 3 hours ago.
General Discussion: Mug Shots from 1908-1911 - by richardh 3 hours ago.
General Suspect Discussion: Favorite suspect/s? - by Elamarna 4 hours ago.
Witnesses: Caroline Maxwell Alibi ? - by Darryl Kenyon 4 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Witnesses: Caroline Maxwell Alibi ? - (23 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: Mary Kellys Inquest - (5 posts)
General Suspect Discussion: Favorite suspect/s? - (5 posts)
Rippercast: Colin Wilson: Jack the Ripper Conference in Ipswich, 1996 - (3 posts)
General Suspect Discussion: What EAR/ONS teaches us about JtR - (2 posts)
General Discussion: Mug Shots from 1908-1911 - (2 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Media > Audio -- Visual > Rippercast

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-25-2018, 01:43 PM
jmenges jmenges is offline
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,293
Default Questions for Michael Hawley - Jack the Ripper Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety

Hi all,

On Sunday, 3 June I'll be interviewing Michael Hawley about his new book Jack the Ripper Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety and I am opening up the show for listener questions.

Please email any questions for Mike to rippercastpodcast@gmail.com

Please know that I don't prepare guests for the show by supplying them questions in advance.

Please know that I will ask Mike ALL questions that are submitted to the show.

I will only ask questions emailed to the above address. I will not be considering questions posted in this thread.

Stay tuned,



JM
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-25-2018, 03:08 PM
GUT GUT is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I come from a land Down Under
Posts: 7,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmenges View Post
Hi all,

On Sunday, 3 June I'll be interviewing Michael Hawley about his new book Jack the Ripper Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety and I am opening up the show for listener questions.

Please email any questions for Mike to rippercastpodcast@gmail.com

Please know that I don't prepare guests for the show by supplying them questions in advance.

Please know that I will ask Mike ALL questions that are submitted to the show.

I will only ask questions emailed to the above address. I will not be considering questions posted in this thread.

Stay tuned,



JM
Looking forward this one.
__________________
G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-27-2018, 02:44 PM
Hercule Poirot Hercule Poirot is offline
Detective
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Now living in Merida, Yucatan
Posts: 250
Default

Here's some questions I would like to ask Mike.

As an author working on the Tumblety-Ripper theory, you most likely went through a sort of peer review process. Could you give us your comments on the process you relied upon such as the parameters it used? Did it meet your expectations? Any suggestions in terms of 'best peer review' approach non-fiction authors should hope for?

Cheers,
Hercule
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-28-2018, 12:15 AM
Sam Flynn Sam Flynn is offline
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 9,937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercule Poirot View Post
Here's some questions I would like to ask Mike.

As an author working on the Tumblety-Ripper theory, you most likely went through a sort of peer review process. Could you give us your comments on the process you relied upon such as the parameters it used? Did it meet your expectations? Any suggestions in terms of 'best peer review' approach non-fiction authors should hope for?

Cheers,
Hercule
Make sure you submit your questions by email to Jon Menges, Hercule. See Jon's post above for details.
__________________
Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-28-2018, 07:55 AM
jmenges jmenges is offline
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,293
Default

Thanks Bernard. Received.

Keep them coming!

JM
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-29-2018, 06:45 AM
Steadmund Brand Steadmund Brand is offline
Sergeant
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Buffalo New York area
Posts: 539
Default

Was going to send a question....asking if researcher Brian Young is nearly as handsome as he sounds.....but I think we all know the answer to that already

Steadmund Brand
__________________
"The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-01-2018, 04:06 AM
jmenges jmenges is offline
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,293
Default

Two more days to send in questions.

Thank you to those who've emailed in already.

JM
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-01-2018, 04:47 AM
GUT GUT is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I come from a land Down Under
Posts: 7,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
Was going to send a question....asking if researcher Brian Young is nearly as handsome as he sounds.....but I think we all know the answer to that already

Steadmund Brand
He must be a hunk, from what I’ve heard.
__________________
G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.