Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Ripperologist: Ripperologist 161 April/May 2018 - by Ginger 1 hour and 2 minutes ago.
Witnesses: Our Charles Cross - by GUT 4 hours ago.
Witnesses: Our Charles Cross - by GUT 4 hours ago.
Witnesses: Caroline Maxwell Alibi ? - by packers stem 5 hours ago.
Witnesses: Our Charles Cross - by MrBarnett 5 hours ago.
Witnesses: Caroline Maxwell Alibi ? - by GUT 5 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Witnesses: Caroline Maxwell Alibi ? - (18 posts)
Motive, Method and Madness: What was occuring in 1888? - (6 posts)
Witnesses: Our Charles Cross - (5 posts)
General Suspect Discussion: Favorite suspect/s? - (3 posts)
General Discussion: Mug Shots from 1908-1911 - (3 posts)
General Suspect Discussion: What EAR/ONS teaches us about JtR - (2 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > General Suspect Discussion

Old 05-20-2018, 11:37 AM
Constable

Richard, are we saying that the man who killed MJK is not Jack? Or did this killer, kill the first four/five victims to frighten MJK? And then to really get in her face, have someone read all about what was going on from the stories in the press and the man to do that was none other than Joe Barnett.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 01:31 PM
Superintendent

Hi. Busy Beaver,
i am only using hearsay from a relation of Kelly's landlord, in which it is claimed he knew the identity of her killer, and therefore as her death has all the hallmarks of the Ripper, he knew Jack.
Pure hearsay that McCarthy frightened away someone pestering Mary Kelly. Pure speculation that this person killed MJK, and pure speculation that her landlord knew who the killer was , and his motive.
Pure speculation that Joe Barnett fits in with all this also , and very unlikely in my opinion he had anything to do with her death.[ albeit I did have reservations at one time].
Fiona Kendall who submitted this hearsay to Casebook , also refers to her grandfathers account of Mary Jane Kelly, being a fine looking woman , with distinctive hair., also her great grandmother parcelling up the dead woman's clothing and sending them to a reluctant brother who was in the army, and was concerned with this scandal affecting his army prospects. Also Fiona's grandfather saw a passport belonging to the dead woman..
All hearsay , along with speculation, but is a account from someone whose family had major connections to the case.
Regards Richard.

Last edited by richardnunweek : 05-20-2018 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:48 PM
Assistant Commissioner

Passports bearing a photo of the holder were not introduced until 1915. Not that this really matters......

Graham
Old 05-20-2018, 01:59 PM
Detective

If I had to pick a "named" suspect it would be Kosminski, not Aaron Kosminski or at least not "Fido's" Kosminski.

Considering one of the only clues (Even if it was nothing to do with the Ripper) was removed for fear of attacks on Jewish people. If Kosminski (or any other of Jewish extraction) was considered by the police to "be him" then it's reasonable to suspect it would have been covered-up. If dead or mad what would be the point anyway? They were hardly to know that 120-odd years later people would be still dissecting this case through cyberspace.

There are some unfortunate examples of police covering up crimes for the sake of "diversity" in modern times.

The scaling down of the investigation after the Kelly murder, I think the police suspected that it would be the last.

My "favourite" suspects however that I am interested in are Tumblety and Druitt, both of whom I think are not the Ripper.

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:41 AM
Constable

Thanks for that Richard.
BB.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:45 PM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectorDave View Post
If I had to pick a "named" suspect it would be Kosminski, not Aaron Kosminski or at least not "Fido's" Kosminski.

Considering one of the only clues (Even if it was nothing to do with the Ripper) was removed for fear of attacks on Jewish people. If Kosminski (or any other of Jewish extraction) was considered by the police to "be him" then it's reasonable to suspect it would have been covered-up. If dead or mad what would be the point anyway? They were hardly to know that 120-odd years later people would be still dissecting this case through cyberspace.

There are some unfortunate examples of police covering up crimes for the sake of "diversity" in modern times.

The scaling down of the investigation after the Kelly murder, I think the police suspected that it would be the last.

My "favourite" suspects however that I am interested in are Tumblety and Druitt, both of whom I think are not the Ripper.

But darn interesting pair all the same.

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:23 PM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post
Abby agree with all your finally half. We may disagree about why throats were cut. Fisherman would argue in Nichols case it was done second.

As you say it's interesting to see how people think.

Steve
It is actually not "my" argument or thinking, it is Llewellyns. I just agree, and find that the blood evidence supports the take.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:26 PM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickerman View Post
Hi Abby.

My concern with Chapman, and Kozminski alike, is their age. In 1888 both were far too young for this type of crime, in my opinion.
I tend to agree, and since I also think that the 1873 torso was killed by the man we know as the Ripper, not only does that suggest that Koz and Chapman killed before ten years of age, but also that they did so from VERY far afield...
Old 05-22-2018, 11:06 PM
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardnunweek View Post
Hi. Busy Beaver,
i am only using hearsay from a relation of Kelly's landlord, in which it is claimed he knew the identity of her killer, and therefore as her death has all the hallmarks of the Ripper, he knew Jack.
Pure hearsay that McCarthy frightened away someone pestering Mary Kelly. Pure speculation that this person killed MJK, and pure speculation that her landlord knew who the killer was , and his motive.
Pure speculation that Joe Barnett fits in with all this also , and very unlikely in my opinion he had anything to do with her death.[ albeit I did have reservations at one time].
Fiona Kendall who submitted this hearsay to Casebook , also refers to her grandfathers account of Mary Jane Kelly, being a fine looking woman , with distinctive hair., also her great grandmother parcelling up the dead woman's clothing and sending them to a reluctant brother who was in the army, and was concerned with this scandal affecting his army prospects. Also Fiona's grandfather saw a passport belonging to the dead woman..
All hearsay , along with speculation, but is a account from someone whose family had major connections to the case.
Regards Richard.
Yeah I remember when Fiona Kendall was posting.I wanted her to continue and read her full story,if lying something will standout most likely but people attacked her and she ran.Lose respect and its downhill from there.

_
Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied,ex. you cannot kill,steal (forced, otherwise people run back to the hills).
M. Pacana
Old 05-23-2018, 12:42 AM
Detective

I wouldn't take too much stock over age regarding Chapman, Kosminski etc. This was a different era, people grew up faster, they died younger, life's experiences came at them thick and fast. All that could impact on their psyche,[1888, not 1873, obviously eight is too young].

Last edited by Darryl Kenyon : 05-23-2018 at 12:56 AM.