Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - by Wickerman 7 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - by Wickerman 11 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - by MysterySinger 11 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - by Wickerman 11 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - by Wickerman 11 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - by Wickerman 11 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Hutchinson, George: Possible reason for Hutch coming forward - (18 posts)
Doctors and Coroners: Baxter's influence on Ripper lore - (6 posts)
Kosminski, Aaron: My theory on Kosminski - (5 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: Tabbard Street East? - (1 posts)
Non-Fiction: Elizabeth Stride and Jack the Ripper: The Life and Death of the Reputed Third Victim. - (1 posts)
Shades of Whitechapel: Caught!? Long Island Serial Killer suspect - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Victims > Non-Canonical Victims > Ada Wilson

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-01-2016, 12:44 PM
Craig H Craig H is offline
Detective
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 273
Default Ada Wilson attacker similar description to Ripper

I’ve been reading previous threads about whether Ada Wilson was an earlier victim of JTR.

One of the main reasons why it could be plausible is Ada’s description of the man is similar to the respected witness descriptions from the Ripper murders.

Ada’s attacker was described as “from 25 to 30 years of age, medium height (about 5ft. 5in.), sunburnt face, fair moustache, and wore light trousers, a dark coat, and a wideawake hat.”

Credible witness descriptions from Ripper killings is he was 25-35 y.o, 5’7” tall, English, fair, had a moustache, stocky.

To refresh what we know …

Ada claimed to be a seamtress , but evidence she was a prostitute. She claimed she was living a home at 19 Maidman Street and answered a knock on the door, a man forced himself into the room, demanded money, then stabbed her twice in the throat when she refused, and ran away leaving her for dead.

It would appear that the claim about being robbed may have been fabricated.

Rose Biermann, who also lived at that location said in her statement, that “I knew Mrs. Wilson as a married woman, although I had never seen her husband” and “I noticed a young, fair man rush to the front door and let himself out. He did not seem somehow to unfasten the catch as if he had been accustomed to do so before.”

This suggests the attacker had previously visited Ada.

One of the reasons why this was not the Ripper is Maidman Street is not in the same zone as the accepted Ripper murders. Maidman Street (which no longer exists now) was off Burdett Road, Bow.

I’m interested in what others think about Ada as an early victim of the Ripper.

Craig
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-01-2016, 12:52 PM
Michael W Richards Michael W Richards is offline
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig H View Post
I’ve been reading previous threads about whether Ada Wilson was an earlier victim of JTR.

One of the main reasons why it could be plausible is Ada’s description of the man is similar to the respected witness descriptions from the Ripper murders.

Ada’s attacker was described as “from 25 to 30 years of age, medium height (about 5ft. 5in.), sunburnt face, fair moustache, and wore light trousers, a dark coat, and a wideawake hat.”

Credible witness descriptions from Ripper killings is he was 25-35 y.o, 5’7” tall, English, fair, had a moustache, stocky.

To refresh what we know …

Ada claimed to be a seamtress , but evidence she was a prostitute. She claimed she was living a home at 19 Maidman Street and answered a knock on the door, a man forced himself into the room, demanded money, then stabbed her twice in the throat when she refused, and ran away leaving her for dead.

It would appear that the claim about being robbed may have been fabricated.

Rose Biermann, who also lived at that location said in her statement, that “I knew Mrs. Wilson as a married woman, although I had never seen her husband” and “I noticed a young, fair man rush to the front door and let himself out. He did not seem somehow to unfasten the catch as if he had been accustomed to do so before.”

This suggests the attacker had previously visited Ada.

One of the reasons why this was not the Ripper is Maidman Street is not in the same zone as the accepted Ripper murders. Maidman Street (which no longer exists now) was off Burdett Road, Bow.

I’m interested in what others think about Ada as an early victim of the Ripper.

Craig
Im curious how a man that stabs a woman in the throat is similar to one that slices most throats twice and deeply before opening their abdomens? Surely the 2 things that identifies a victim likely to have fallen to this mythical and imaginary Jack is deep throat slitting and pm mutilation.
__________________
Michael Richards
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-01-2016, 12:52 PM
Pierre Pierre is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig H View Post
I’ve been reading previous threads about whether Ada Wilson was an earlier victim of JTR.

One of the main reasons why it could be plausible is Ada’s description of the man is similar to the respected witness descriptions from the Ripper murders.

Ada’s attacker was described as “from 25 to 30 years of age, medium height (about 5ft. 5in.), sunburnt face, fair moustache, and wore light trousers, a dark coat, and a wideawake hat.”

Credible witness descriptions from Ripper killings is he was 25-35 y.o, 5’7” tall, English, fair, had a moustache, stocky.

To refresh what we know …

Ada claimed to be a seamtress , but evidence she was a prostitute. She claimed she was living a home at 19 Maidman Street and answered a knock on the door, a man forced himself into the room, demanded money, then stabbed her twice in the throat when she refused, and ran away leaving her for dead.

It would appear that the claim about being robbed may have been fabricated.

Rose Biermann, who also lived at that location said in her statement, that “I knew Mrs. Wilson as a married woman, although I had never seen her husband” and “I noticed a young, fair man rush to the front door and let himself out. He did not seem somehow to unfasten the catch as if he had been accustomed to do so before.”

This suggests the attacker had previously visited Ada.

One of the reasons why this was not the Ripper is Maidman Street is not in the same zone as the accepted Ripper murders. Maidman Street (which no longer exists now) was off Burdett Road, Bow.

I’m interested in what others think about Ada as an early victim of the Ripper.

Craig
He wanted money. He was not Jack the Ripper.

Regards, Pierre
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-01-2016, 01:17 PM
Craig H Craig H is offline
Detective
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
He wanted money. He was not Jack the Ripper.

Regards, Pierre
The witness statements say the attacker had visited Ada before - so not the random door knock that Ada told the police. The robbery claim was an excuse to explain how the attack happened
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-01-2016, 01:19 PM
Craig H Craig H is offline
Detective
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael W Richards View Post
Im curious how a man that stabs a woman in the throat is similar to one that slices most throats twice and deeply before opening their abdomens? Surely the 2 things that identifies a victim likely to have fallen to this mythical and imaginary Jack is deep throat slitting and pm mutilation.
Hi Michael,
Thanks for your reply. Good point.
However also appears he was interrupted
Craig
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-01-2016, 01:46 PM
Elamarna Elamarna is offline
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South london
Posts: 3,715
Default

Craig,

i see the replies from Michael and pierre, and would like to make a few comments.


Michael is right in that there is a great deal of difference in the attack, however he does not seem to have considered that this could have been an embryonic attack, someone learning and trying things out.

If Michael has considered that and discounted it, fair enough, but he did not mention that so I just wonder if he has?


Pierre appears to be taking the sources at face value, or at least some of them. Maybe he could say what he has based his very clear comment on?



Steve
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig H View Post
I’ve been reading previous threads about whether Ada Wilson was an earlier victim of JTR.

One of the main reasons why it could be plausible is Ada’s description of the man is similar to the respected witness descriptions from the Ripper murders.

Ada’s attacker was described as “from 25 to 30 years of age, medium height (about 5ft. 5in.), sunburnt face, fair moustache, and wore light trousers, a dark coat, and a wideawake hat.”

Credible witness descriptions from Ripper killings is he was 25-35 y.o, 5’7” tall, English, fair, had a moustache, stocky.

To refresh what we know …

Ada claimed to be a seamtress , but evidence she was a prostitute. She claimed she was living a home at 19 Maidman Street and answered a knock on the door, a man forced himself into the room, demanded money, then stabbed her twice in the throat when she refused, and ran away leaving her for dead.

It would appear that the claim about being robbed may have been fabricated.

Rose Biermann, who also lived at that location said in her statement, that “I knew Mrs. Wilson as a married woman, although I had never seen her husband” and “I noticed a young, fair man rush to the front door and let himself out. He did not seem somehow to unfasten the catch as if he had been accustomed to do so before.”

This suggests the attacker had previously visited Ada.

One of the reasons why this was not the Ripper is Maidman Street is not in the same zone as the accepted Ripper murders. Maidman Street (which no longer exists now) was off Burdett Road, Bow.

I’m interested in what others think about Ada as an early victim of the Ripper.

Craig
Hi Craig
absolutely. Ive often said it matches Blotchy and lawendes man.it also fits with an evolution of a serial killer, ala Millwood, as an early botched attempt.

also, if the motive was merely robbery, why stab her and run away?
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-01-2016, 02:24 PM
Harry D Harry D is offline
Superintendent
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig H View Post
One of the reasons why this was not the Ripper is Maidman Street is not in the same zone as the accepted Ripper murders. Maidman Street (which no longer exists now) was off Burdett Road, Bow.
Bow, you say?

The description broadly fits a certain somebody, and it was a few months after that certain somebody had turned up in the East End.
__________________
Hail to the king, baby!
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Craig H Craig H is offline
Detective
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 273
Default

Deb Arif and others also did some great research into Ada Wilson on the other site http://www.jtrforums.com/showthread.php?t=26340

Deb suggests her name was actually Ada Drew (nee Tradigan) and she had syphillis.

Possible motive for attacks on prostitutes

Craig
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-21-2017, 06:03 PM
Chava Chava is offline
Inspector
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,077
Default I've Been Saying This For Years!

Not only is Ada Wilson's attacker described in many ways like our old friend Mr Blotchy. But some other similar-sounding sandy-haired gent was seen around Eddowes just before she died. As for the double cut to the neck, I believe that's known as an 'insurance cut'. You'd want to be sure, wouldn't you, if your first victim had survived...
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.