No announcement yet.

Collaboration on Mitre Square and GSG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collaboration on Mitre Square and GSG?

Hi all

This is just an advance request.
    Come April of next year I will be starting work on Mitre Square and the GSG.
    I am thinking now of doing all of the C5 and possibly Tabram, Mackenzie and Coles over the next couple of years.

I have done some collaboration on Bucks Row, but would love to have more .
    I am not aiming to name any suspect at this point and seriously doubt that will change; However my prefer suspect, or rather suspects (not a group) are well know and my scepticism on LECHMERE is equally evident, but I do not rule him out, he remains a viable suspect and will continue to be. I just do not have him in my top possibles, but in the second tier.

If there is anyone with an real interest in working on A Mitre Square Project get in touch.
    This can be either formal or informal which ever suites you.
    I have to say someone who disagrees with me on my above beliefs would be very useful, and give a fuller picture and conclusion I am sure.

All the best

Steve

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
    Hi all

This is just an advance request.
    Come April of next year I will be starting work on Mitre Square and the GSG.
    I am thinking now of doing all of the C5 and possibly Tabram, Mackenzie and Coles over the next couple of years.

I have done some collaboration on Bucks Row, but would love to have more .
    I am not aiming to name any suspect at this point and seriously doubt that will change; However my prefer suspect, or rather suspects (not a group) are well know and my scepticism on LECHMERE is equally evident, but I do not rule him out, he remains a viable suspect and will continue to be. I just do not have him in my top possibles, but in the second tier.

If there is anyone with an real interest in working on A Mitre Square Project get in touch.
    This can be either formal or informal which ever suites you.
    I have to say someone who disagrees with me on my above beliefs would be very useful, and give a fuller picture and conclusion I am sure.

All the best

Steve
    Well,Steve, if you are simply looking for somebody who is likely to disagree with you, look no further!

You write "However my prefer suspect, or rather suspects (not a group) are well known", but Iīll be damned if I am in that know, so put me out of my misery please:
    Who DO you favour for the Ripper murders? If Lechmere is in the second group only, who is in the first? Kosminski and...?

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
      Well,Steve, if you are simply looking for somebody who is likely to disagree with you, look no further!

You write "However my prefer suspect, or rather suspects (not a group) are well known", but Iīll be damned if I am in that know, so put me out of my misery please:
      Who DO you favour for the Ripper murders? If Lechmere is in the second group only, who is in the first? Kosminski and...?
      Hi Christer,
      Yes my wording was clumsy. I prefer someone called Kosminski but it need not necessarily be Aaron. I also include Levy and a butchers row suspect. So it's from a group but not a group working together. Just one killer probably but my mind often switches on Stride.

If you would like to be involved it would be good it's up to you.
      I honestly feel the way forward on research is collaborating to get a better, hopefully more objective view than we ever get from individuals.

Steve

Comment

What exactly would you see as being the role of an "involvee"?

Comment

Originally posted by MysterySinger View Post
          What exactly would you see as being the role of an "involvee"?
          Hi MS
          That's entirely down to the individual. It could range from research to writing up sections. Obviously if more than 1 is involved there may be areas of disagreement, we must then give all views equal prominence in the finished work.

Alternative someone could just check what is written and point out where we are going way out, or just checking for historical accuracy and general proof reading.

If the individual wanted it to be informal no issue, but to be honest would prefer their name on the work too.

I am open to most suggestions, actually can't see something I would reject.

The Bucks Row Project has really been a lot of work and while I have had help it would be great to share the workload and maybe get a different take on things.

Hope that answers your question

Steve

Comment

Hi Christer,
            Yes my wording was clumsy. I prefer someone called Kosminski but it need not necessarily be Aaron. I also include Levy and a butchers row suspect. So it's from a group but not a group working together. Just one killer probably but my mind often switches on Stride.

If you would like to be involved it would be good it's up to you.
            I honestly feel the way forward on research is collaborating to get a better, hopefully more objective view than we ever get from individuals.

Steve
            To be fair, Steve, if you rank Levy as a better suspect than Lechmere, then I think I will pass on the offer. Feel free to put the odd question to me if you wish, though.

I think on the whole, what these boards are about is nothing but collaboration. Not that it is that evident all the time, but thatīs nevertheless the case. Forming a task force of a few people with differing convictions is something that I donīt think will in any way produce views and takes on things that should automatically prevail. Not that you said it would, but that seems to be the overall hope you nourish.

As for me, I think - although I can of course not know - that the best contribution I can offer is to dismantle your ideas about Lechmere. I am working from the assumption that you are wrong about most of your take on him, and much looking forward to what you have to add to the issue.

Thatīs where I believe I fit in. As of now, I will merrily step aside and leave room for better suited prospects.

Comment

To be fair, Steve, if you rank Levy as a better suspect than Lechmere, then I think I will pass on the offer. Feel free to put the odd question to me if you wish, though.

I think on the whole, what these boards are about is nothing but collaboration. Not that it is that evident all the time, but thatīs nevertheless the case. Forming a task force of a few people with differing convictions is something that I donīt think will in any way produce views and takes on things that should automatically prevail. Not that you said it would, but that seems to be the overall hope you nourish.

As for me, I think - although I can of course not know - that the best contribution I can offer is to dismantle your ideas about Lechmere. I am working from the assumption that you are wrong about most of your take on him, and much looking forward to what you have to add to the issue.

Thatīs where I believe I fit in. As of now, I will merrily step aside and leave room for better suited prospects.
              What a shame.

Each to their own.

Steve

Comment

Now that's interesting in itself Christer.

I have said from the start I am not working on Lechmere, rather I am working on the murder minus a suspect. Yes that does involve looking at areas you suggest point towards Charles Allen Lechmere, but it does not involve Lechmere himself.
                So dismantling my views on him is going to be very difficult considering I make very few.

I too look forward to your response to the work even if it is taking longer than I hoped.

Steve

Comment

What a shame.

Each to their own.

Steve
                  Indeed, Steve. I am certain that you will be better off without me, but my offer stands - whatever you wish to have my specific view on Mitre Square and the GSG, I will gladly give it.

Comment

Now that's interesting in itself Christer.

I have said from the start I am not working on Lechmere, rather I am working on the murder minus a suspect. Yes that does involve looking at areas you suggest point towards Charles Allen Lechmere, but it does not involve Lechmere himself.
                    So dismantling my views on him is going to be very difficult considering I make very few.

I too look forward to your response to the work even if it is taking longer than I hoped.

Steve
                    Well, so far, you have published elaborate timings and so on, regarding the Nichols case, all of them of the utmost importance to the understanding of the case against Lechmere, plus you have foreshadowed revelations that will supposedly weaken that case much. Therefore, I rather thought that you would produce something along those lines.

If this is not the case, however, I have no quibbles with it. Letīs wait and see, as you propose.

Comment

Indeed, Steve. I am certain that you will be better off without me, but my offer stands - whatever you wish to have my specific view on Mitre Square and the GSG, I will gladly give it.
                      Thank you.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                      X