Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Tumblety, Francis: Tumblety - Hermaphrodite. - by Wolf Vanderlinden 50 minutes ago.
Shades of Whitechapel: Centenaries - whole and half - by Mayerling 1 hour and 12 minutes ago.
Scene of the Crimes: East End Walk - by barnflatwyngarde 2 hours ago.
A6 Murders: A6 Rebooted - by NickB 2 hours ago.
Shades of Whitechapel: Centenaries - whole and half - by Qlder 2 hours ago.
A6 Murders: A6 Rebooted - by Graham 6 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
A6 Murders: A6 Rebooted - (9 posts)
Shades of Whitechapel: Centenaries - whole and half - (2 posts)
Tumblety, Francis: Tumblety - Hermaphrodite. - (1 posts)
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - (1 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: A theory about some injuries! - (1 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: East End Walk - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Motive, Method and Madness

Old 11-14-2017, 08:22 AM
Casebook Supporter

Not a "hunch", nor a "feeling", Fish. Just logic.

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:20 AM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Flynn View Post
Not a "hunch", nor a "feeling", Fish. Just logic.
I´m sorry, Gareth, but the kind of "logic" you are employing here is nothing but a hunch.

When I say that you canot possibly know where the killer lived, that is a fact.

You can guess, but guessing is going by...correct, hunches!

So what we end up with is you bitterly complaining about how I am not objective, and then you present your guesswork as totally objective and based on non-passionate thinking...?

That´s quite rich, you know.

And that is even before we look at how you have blatantly stated that the torso killer was not an eviscerator, GUESSING that he had other reasons for taking out the uterus, heart and lungs from Liz Jacksons body.

It is not about any non-passionate thinking at all, Gareth. It is about VERY passionate hobbyhorses, unsubstantiable such beasts even.

If we look at my convictions, they are solidly grounded in named pieces of evidence, dovetailing one by one between the series.

THAT is non-passionate reasoning. It is grounded on facts.

Your reasoning is instead grounded on guesswork. You think you know that most dismemberers dump bodies in close proximity to their homes, and so it becomes a bear certainty that the torso killer did. And all the while, you have not presented a scintilla of evidence that this is so. It is nevertheless "logical" to you.

And you claim that the torso killer was not an eviscerator. Probaly based in the same sort of wishful thinking. There is certainly nothing factual at all to contradict that he was, on the other hand - it is PROVEN that he eviscerated Jackson.

And out of all of this, you want to create a picture of me being irresponsible and baised, whereas you are measured, non-passionate and logical.

That suggestion just crash-landed.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:00 PM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Flynn View Post
I can only go by what's in the inquest report, Rocky, and it appears that the whole area was, figuratively and literally, rather sleepy at the time, with very few people around. Even today, it remains a very quiet part of the East End.
While that might be true, there was still 3 people sleeping in the surrounding arches. So that part of the desolate street was far from empty that morning.
Arnold says Backchurch Lane, Schwartz lived 1 block from the torso dump on Backchurch Lane and Ellen Street. Schwartz said the the man said Lipski and we find Lipski written in graffiti on Pinchin (also with John Cleary is a fool). Schwartz goes to the star. all that in mind and then like jerry pointed out, the day after the double event they find a torso in Whitehall. I know you think the pinchin torso is a copycat, but with that article Joshua Rogan found I just don't think that's possible.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:18 PM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
And the fact that nobody is cheering you on speaks of what, John? Maybe how people won´t touch your arguing with a ten foot pole?
I just think no one can be bothered with the misrepresentations, half truths and downright lies you post. Which is why no one has leapt to your defence.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:27 PM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wheat View Post
I just think no one can be bothered with the misrepresentations, half truths and downright lies you post. Which is why no one has leapt to your defence.
Yes, and that is probably why this thread has resulted in over 2000 posts; because nobody can be bothered.

Refresh my mind: how many posts did that thread of yours on Bury generate?

Now that you have been deservedly flattened, I will retract from any further debate with you for the time being. Quite frankly, it is below me.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:33 PM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
Yes, and that is probably why this thread has resulted in over 2000 posts; because nobody can be bothered.
That's taking credit for the interest the torso murders have generated, mostly due to the research of others. and you haven't done any serious research like the others on this subject at all. just wanted to clarify why this thread has over 2000 posts though genius. it's like 75 % you and 25 % sam bickering with you.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:44 PM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockySullivan View Post
That's taking credit for the interest the torso murders have generated, mostly due to the research of others. and you haven't done any serious research like the others on this subject at all. just wanted to clarify why this thread has over 2000 posts though genius. it's like 75 % you and 25 % sam bickering with you.
I´d be happy to explain to you how these matters really work - but not as long as you cannot bring yourself to a decent attitude, dropping the namecalling and the false accusations.
As long as that goes on, you will get the kind of treatment you deserve, and you will be hung out for it.

Like now.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:51 PM
Chief Inspector

Quote:

Refresh my mind: how many posts did that thread of yours on Bury generate?

Now that you have been deservedly flattened, I will retract from any further debate with you for the time being. Quite frankly, it is below me.
This thread is a Torso Killer thread not the usual **** about Lechmere who it has to be noted only a few lunatics regard as a serious Ripper suspect with you the most deluded at the forefront. As for Bury anyone who doesn't view as a serious Ripper is deluded at best.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:03 PM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
I´d be happy to explain to you how these matters really work - but not as long as you cannot bring yourself to a decent attitude, dropping the namecalling and the false accusations.
As long as that goes on, you will get the kind of treatment you deserve, and you will be hung out for it.

Like now.
Rocky's just telling it like it is unlike some round here. It's probably why utter bull shiters have problems with him.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:28 PM
Casebook Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockySullivan View Post
I know you think the pinchin torso is a copycat, but with that article Joshua Rogan found I just don't think that's possible.
Whilst it's possible that the Pinchin Street killer scored the torso's abdomen to deflect the blame onto JTR, I'm not particularly sold on the idea. It was a pretty lame copy-cat attempt if that's what it was.

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)