Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - by Fisherman 35 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - by Sam Flynn 36 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - by Fisherman 44 minutes ago.
General Discussion: Jack's early inspiration? - by Joshua Rogan 46 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - by Sam Flynn 50 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - by Fisherman 1 hour and 5 minutes ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - (80 posts)
Martha Tabram: Probibility of Martha Tabram Being a JtR Victim - (14 posts)
General Suspect Discussion: Only one suspect can be shown to have carried a knife. - (9 posts)
Shades of Whitechapel: good riddance-have fun in Hell - (6 posts)
Maybrick, James: 25 YEARS OF THE DIARY OF JACK THE RIPPER: THE TRUE FACTS by Robert Smith - (3 posts)
Kosminski, Aaron: My theory on Kosminski - (3 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Letters and Communications > Goulston Street Graffito

View Poll Results: Did Jack write the GSG?
YES 74 38.34%
NO 119 61.66%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1971  
Old 09-22-2017, 07:23 AM
Elamarna Elamarna is offline
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South london
Posts: 3,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

You know also that bona fide medical people were allowed to go to mortuaries and lawfully obtain organs for medical research on a daily basis

Now I accept that the bodies of Chapman and Eddowes should not have been tampered with before the post mortem. But we know there was almost a 12 hour window when both the bodies were left at the mortuaries, and so we have know idea what happened during that 12 hour window.

We also know that Chapmans body was left outside for some considerable time, and we also know that during that 12 hour window her body was in fact tampered with.

Now there may, or may not have been a police officer standing guard, but what was his job. Not to keep all and sundry out, but to keep out the press and members of the public. The mortuaries did not shut their doors, the normal everyday working of the mortuary still continued with medical persons going back and forth.

If I am right then this would explain the degree of medical precision seen when the post postmortems were carried out.

It might also explain that the Lusk kidney was actually taken from Eddowes taken by a medical student at the mortuary.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
Trevor, we know that in the case of Nichols when the body was left unattended, after Llewellyn's examination of the abdomenial wounds, that the mortuary was locked.

For your version of events to be considered we therefore have two options.

A. The attendants allowed body parts to be removed and did not report such. There are NO sources or evidence to support this, to suggest such is simply fiction, unless you can supply evidence.


B. The doors were left unlocked when NO one was in attendance, again unsupported.


The idea fails to even make it to the stage of hypothesis.



Steve
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1972  
Old 09-22-2017, 07:24 AM
Bridewell Bridewell is offline
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bottesford, Leicestershire
Posts: 3,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

The previous point I was making was that the organs that were later found to be missing, were not found to be missing until the post mortem.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
Trevor, of course that's when they were 'found to be missing'! It doesn't mean that they weren't already missing though, does it - or were you expecting someone to have compiled an inventory of what was and was not missing at an earlier stage?
__________________
Regards, Bridewell.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1973  
Old 09-22-2017, 07:33 AM
Trevor Marriott Trevor Marriott is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,751
Default

[quote=Elamarna;430188]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
Rip someones abdomen open and the intestines will spill out in any event.


Not a certainty that will happen Trevor.

From your own work Dr Biggs


"A. Intestines can and do spill out of abdominal wounds, but under ‘normal’ circumstances (i.e. an open abdomen in a person lying on their back) there is no reason for them necessarily to exit the abdominal cavity. It is possible for the intestines to stay more or less in their original position within the abdomen, and for organs to be whipped out from under / over / around them."

I see no evidence presented to counter the statement, hence your Post is inaccurate.

Steve
Well look what we have here evidence in picture form.

Yet again i have to prove you wrong, and this pic shows the result of a small abdominal wound in a murder victim nothing as severe as in Chapman and Eddowes. So with that in mind just how far would it have been possible for the intestines to recoil outwards and upwards give their abdomen openings.

You see medical experts can be proved wrong.

If you look at the wound on this victim and then look at where the abdominal openings on Eddowes and Chapman went up to it is entirely possible that is how the organs finished up where they did and not by the killer placing them there.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Trevor Marriott : 09-22-2017 at 07:38 AM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1974  
Old 09-22-2017, 07:35 AM
Sam Flynn Sam Flynn is online now
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 8,610
Default

[quote=Trevor Marriott;430193]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post

Well look what we have here evidence in picture form.

Yet again i have to prove you wrong, and this pic shows the result of a small abdominal wound in a murder victim nothing as severe as in Chapman and Eddowes. So with that in mind just how far would it have been possible for the intestines to recoil outwards and upwards give their abdomen openings.

You see medical experts can be proved wrong.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
Nowhere near the shoulder, I see.
__________________
Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1975  
Old 09-22-2017, 08:00 AM
Elamarna Elamarna is offline
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South london
Posts: 3,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

Well look what we have here evidence in picture form.

Yet again i have to prove you wrong, and this pic shows the result of a small abdominal wound in a murder victim nothing as severe as in Chapman and Eddowes. So with that in mind just how far would it have been possible for the intestines to recoil outwards and upwards give their abdomen openings.
Afraid you don't.

1. This is probably a mortuary photo not a scene of crime photo and thus movement has taken place.

2. No one me nor Briggs is denying it is possible, just that it need not be, and probably does not happen In most cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
You see medical experts can be proved wrong.
See point two above. It does no such thing, however it does demonstrate a NEED to appear to be correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
If you look at the wound on this victim and then look at where the abdominal openings on Eddowes and Chapman went up to it is entirely possible that is how the organs finished up where they did and not by the killer placing them there.

I would suggest those organs have been placed there before the photo, the positioning is quite unnatural. When one looks at thee wound it seems clear the intestines have been pulled and not spilled out..

And here we have classic Mr Marriott Cherry picking, accept Biggs when it suits your argument, discard when does not.

You know the silly thing Trevor? Neither of us beleive the GSG was the work of the killer.

And yet you argue on and on with no hope of winning the debate.

Steve

Last edited by Elamarna : 09-22-2017 at 08:07 AM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1976  
Old 09-22-2017, 08:11 AM
Elamarna Elamarna is offline
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South london
Posts: 3,647
Default

[quote=Sam Flynn;430194]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

Nowhere near the shoulder, I see.
Well of course not.

Placed in a nice mound on the body.

And no reference to who? Or where?

It seems some do not learn the sources without references are of little use.


Steve
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1977  
Old 09-22-2017, 08:25 AM
Trevor Marriott Trevor Marriott is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,751
Default

[quote=Elamarna;430198]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Flynn View Post

Well of course not.

Placed in a nice mound on the body.

And no reference to who? Or where?

It seems some do not learn the sources without references are of little use.


Steve
But one pic is worth a thousand words

For your info the pic is to be found in a German book titled "Der sexualverbrecker" written by Dr Erich Wulfen it was published in 1910.
which I have for sale at £25.00 lots of interesting crime scene photos, https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_Wulffen

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

Last edited by Trevor Marriott : 09-22-2017 at 08:33 AM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1978  
Old 09-22-2017, 08:37 AM
Trevor Marriott Trevor Marriott is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post
Afraid you don't.

1. This is probably a mortuary photo not a scene of crime photo and thus movement has taken place.

2. No one me nor Briggs is denying it is possible, just that it need not be, and probably does not happen In most cases.



See point two above. It does no such thing, however it does demonstrate a NEED to appear to be correct.

I would suggest those organs have been placed there before the photo, the positioning is quite unnatural. When one looks at thee wound it seems clear the intestines have been pulled and not spilled out..

So you are now a medical expert now ?

And here we have classic Mr Marriott Cherry picking, accept Biggs when it suits your argument, discard when does not.

Even expert testimony is there to be challenged and that photo does just that.

You know the silly thing Trevor? Neither of us beleive the GSG was the work of the killer.

You are correct about that

And yet you argue on and on with no hope of winning the debate.

Who votes in the debate, a handful of naysayers from here, against the general public who have no hidden agendas.

Steve
The victim in the photo can be clearly seen lying on a bed not a mortuary table.

To explain Dr Biggs comments I might suggest he was referring to bodies that had perhaps been stabbed through their outer clothing. In which case the clothing would prevent recoil.

Even expert testimony is there to be challenged and that photo does just that.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1979  
Old 09-22-2017, 08:38 AM
DirectorDave DirectorDave is offline
Detective
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dunfermline, Scotland.
Posts: 202
Default

No, for me.

I think the simplest explanation is that the killer tossed the apron aside and the GSG was already there.

There were many other, perhaps easier methods to leave a message, MJK's room for one.

I'm about 80% No ~ 20% Yes.
__________________
My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #1980  
Old 09-22-2017, 08:43 AM
Elamarna Elamarna is offline
Assistant Commissioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South london
Posts: 3,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
The victim in the photo can be clearly seen lying on a bed not a mortuary table.

To explain Dr Biggs comments I might suggest he was referring to bodies that had perhaps been stabbed through their outer clothing. In which case the clothing would prevent recoil.

Even expert testimony is there to be challenged and that photo does just that.
It is not obviously a bed, however if you provide supporting info that it is I am happy to accept such. That of course does not prove it has been placed in Position.


Dr Biggs does not say that. Shame on you for such a weak rebuttal.

Steve
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.