• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by curious View Post
    Hi, Dave,
    Would you please expand on this?

Thanks,

curious
    If you click on the links supplied......

the 1885 Goulstonian Lecture was delivered by William Osler,refer Osler-Weber-Rendu Disease.

This genetic disease was an area of Henry Gawen Sutton's expertise.

Stride appears to have it.

Hence the astringent Cachous.

Now look at it from Henry the Ripper's perspective on that morning whilst looking to place a red herring for his pursuers.

Quite happy to expand further.

Thanks for being curious
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
      If you click on the links supplied......

the 1885 Goulstonian Lecture was delivered by William Osler,refer Osler-Weber-Rendu Disease.

This genetic disease was an area of Henry Gawen Sutton's expertise.

Stride appears to have it.

Hence the astringent Cachous.

Now look at it from Henry the Ripper's perspective on that morning whilst looking to place a red herring for his pursuers.

Quite happy to expand further.

Thanks for being curious
      Thanks, Dave,
      Just can't help being curious.
      I had found some of this before, but did not tie them to the WMs . . .

Henry the Ripper, huh?

I believe there's a book in this?

curious

Comment

Thanks, Dave,
        Just can't help being curious.
        I had found some of this before, but did not tie them to the WMs . . .

Henry the Ripper, huh?

I believe there's a book in this?

curious
        Nope.

Might be a book of the film ...... one fine day

Comment

Nope.

That's right. I recall you discussing a film. So, did Henry write the GSG and was he short?

curious

Comment

Nope.

That's right. I recall you discussing a film. So, did Henry write the GSG and was he short?

curious

oops -- apparently I'm trigger happy today. Is there any way to delete a post?
            Last edited by curious; 08-23-2017, 02:37 PM.

Comment

curious
              By memory around 5'3". Born in 1835.

Think GSG was from around 49" downwards.
              Pretty good fit.
              Try it yourself.

Comment

curious

oops -- apparently I'm trigger happy today. Is there any way to delete a post?
                Originally posted by DJA View Post
                By memory around 5'3". Born in 1835.

Think GSG was from around 49" downwards.
                Pretty good fit.
                Try it yourself.
                Perfecto, in fact.

Not much taller than another Henry often considered a possible JtR.

curious

Comment

• Can only think of Leeke and Skinnerton

Comment

Perfecto, in fact.

Not much taller than another Henry often considered a possible JtR.
                    I'm not sure you can deduce much about the writer from the height of the GSG. We only know the maximum height it could have been written at, which was about 4 feet. Below that height the bricks were black, above that they were white, which isn't much good for chalking on. So even if the writer were eight feet tall he'd still have to write on the black bricks, or find somewhere else for his message.

Comment

Can only think of Leeke and Skinnerton
                      William Henry Bury -- 5'1"

:-) curious

Comment

• I can't believe that I'm actually saying this but hasn't someone proposed Henri Toulouse-Lautrec as the ripper?
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                          I can't believe that I'm actually saying this but hasn't someone proposed Henri Toulouse-Lautrec as the ripper?
                          These are not clues, Fred.
                          It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
                          They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
                          And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
                          We will not.

Comment

I can't believe that I'm actually saying this but hasn't someone proposed Henri Toulouse-Lautrec as the ripper?
                            Another Henry!

Actually he was "commissioned" for 16 tableaux at Le Chabanais,
                            Run by an Irish lady named Kelly.
                            Prince of Wales was a regular in the 1880s.

"According to Joseph Barnett, on arriving in London, Kelly went to work in a high class brothel in the West End. She says that during this time she frequently rode in a carriage and accompanied one gentleman to Paris, which she didn't like and she returned. "

Mary Ann Kelly becomes Mary Jeanette Kelly

Henri did work in London and was a friend of Oscar Wilde's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                              I'm not sure you can deduce much about the writer from the height of the GSG. We only know the maximum height it could have been written at, which was about 4 feet. Below that height the bricks were black, above that they were white, which isn't much good for chalking on. So even if the writer were eight feet tall he'd still have to write on the black bricks, or find somewhere else for his message.
                              Hi, Joshua,
                              Just mentally playing around with the premise of this thread: Can we profile the Ripper from the GSG?

Could an 8-foot tall guy, or even a 6-footer like Tumblety, have maintained a "good school-boy hand" from that height as he placed the GSG?

Would a tall person have been more likely to select a different dark surface on which to write his chalk message instead of having to scrunch over so far? And again, in such scrunching could he have maintained a good handwriting?

For some of those suggested as JtR possibilities, the height would have been near perfect.

curious

Comment

yep, and if time machines were more readily available we could all be tossed into the mix because of our strange interest in the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X